Son of Man Tours

MBirkedal

• 1 year later...
Hello

Has anyone been with this company and can let me know what they think?

Hi cosytoes! I haven't heard much about this tour group on CC, but Tripadvisor has some really great reviews here. I hope this helps! Enjoy St. Lucia, we love the island :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My husband and I just got back the tour was very nice!

which one did you take? land or the land & sea

considering switching to their land & sea tour, from current booking. Other operator couldn't confirm similar one with boat back to ship unless we had a large group. Really would like to do a boat vs (primarily) van.

• 3 weeks later...
which one did you take? land or the land & sea

considering switching to their land & sea tour, from current booking. Other operator couldn't confirm similar one with boat back to ship unless we had a large group. Really would like to do a boat vs (primarily) van.

Please tell us more? How much did it cost and where did you go?

I am interested in this tour because of the good reviews on tripadvisor and because it seems to skip things I'm not really interested in. I've already experienced volcanoes and banana plants, so I really want to see the Pitons by sea, spend some time in a local town, and go to the mudbaths/mineral springs.

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell us more? How much did it cost and where did you go?

I am interested in this tour because of the good reviews on tripadvisor and because it seems to skip things I'm not really interested in. I've already experienced volcanoes and banana plants, so I really want to see the Pitons by sea, spend some time in a local town, and go to the mudbaths/mineral springs.

We just got back from our cruise and while we were in St. Lucia we did the Son of Man tour by boat. It was a wonderful day on of our best excursions during our cruise. We arrived a bit late because we didn`t get off the ship right away but they waited for us as we had prebooked with them before the cruise. We had 12 people on our tour and I think they will do it with minimum 10, we went by boat to the town of Souifreres were we got in a van and were taken to the sulphur mud baths this was fun and your skin will be so smooth after.... It does smell but not as bad as I thought it would. Then you go by van a short distance to Diamond falls which is not a huge water fall but beautiful and you have a small hike through the trees which is beautiful and our guide explained all the different trees. Once at the basin of the fall there is a area you can go in and enjoy the warm water and rinse off the remainder of clay from the mud baths. Our guide to pictures of everyone with all are cameras, he was awesome his name was Terry. After the falls we went to a house in Soufrieres and had a home cooked creole meal by the owners Aunt which was great. We then headed back to the little town for a bit of souvenir shopping then back on the boat to Jalouse Beach to snorkel or just swim or lounge for aprox. an hour or more depending on time? This was nice the snorkeling is not to bad here there is a fair amount of rocks in the water I would recommend water shoes. They supplied a cooler with Rum punch, beer, soft drinks and water as well. We then got back in the boat and travelled back to the port but they stopped along the way to show us all the highlights Marigot, bat caves, Fishing village??? forget name, different resorts, cove that was in the pirates of caribbean movie.... Terry was an excellent guide he took really good care of us and showed us the best time highly recommend this tour everyone in our group seem to feel the same. It was a 40 min boat ride to Soufrieres and we were told by others that it was over 2 hours drive there and the roads are windy and treacherous, So we were glad that we spent the majority of the day on a boat. The view of the Pitons by water is amazing as well. The tour cost us $110. per person children less... it was well worth it.

Sorry for the length of this, hope it helps. They might have did the order differently if we were on time but that is what the tour consists of. Just send an email to them it takes them a bit to get back to you but they will.

Then you go by van a short distance to Diamond falls which is not a huge water fall but beautiful and you have a small hike through the trees which is beautiful and our guide explained all the different trees. Once at the basin of the fall there is a area you can go in and enjoy the warm water and rinse off the remainder of clay from the mud baths. Our guide to pictures of everyone with all are cameras, he was awesome his name was Terry.

Glad you had a great trip - Son of Man does an excellent tour! One point I am 100% positive the falls you went to were not Diamond Falls. Diamond Falls is located within Diamond Botanical Gardens and is not a falls you can swim at - there is no basin at the bottom and they are very strict about not swimming in Diamond Falls. Probably was Toraille Falls, which does have a short walk/hike through the trees and foliage and has a large basin/pool for swimming. And as a matter of fact, his website does specify Torrille.

Just wanted to make sure for other folks considering this tour. Don't want them to be expecting Diamond Falls when it is a completely different waterfall.

the sulpher spings/mud baths are wonderful!!!

All in all, SOM does an excellent tour - there is a reason he is so highly rated on TripAdvisor.

Glad you had a great trip - Son of Man does an excellent tour! One point I am 100% positive the falls you went to were not Diamond Falls. Diamond Falls is located within Diamond Botanical Gardens and is not a falls you can swim at - there is no basin at the bottom and they are very strict about not swimming in Diamond Falls. Probably was Toraille Falls, which does have a short walk/hike through the trees and foliage and has a large basin/pool for swimming. And as a matter of fact, his website does specify Torrille.

Just wanted to make sure for other folks considering this tour. Don't want them to be expecting Diamond Falls when it is a completely different waterfall.

the sulpher spings/mud baths are wonderful!!!

All in all, SOM does an excellent tour - there is a reason he is so highly rated on TripAdvisor.

So sorry for the wrong name of the falls when I was typing I thought twice about it being the proper name but didn`t look it up, that will teach me for not going with my gut, thanks for pointing it out so as not to pass on wrong info to others.

Archived