oasis of the seas ship photography

I have heard about the $250 for all of your photos deal. Has anyone tried this? Sounds to me if you want to go this route, you would search out the photographers wherever you are and get your mug taken as many times as you like. DW and I have been known to get 6 or 8 different pictures made on formal nights just to be able to get a few "good" ones to purchase. We are going to be travelling with four friends on the Oasis in April, 2010, and the more I think about this, the better deal this sounds since I can print my own pics back home.

What am I missing?

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

I belive it was $299 for the CD. This is the best deal if you have a group and want lots of pictures available to print when you return.

You are absolutely correct! It is $299.95 until Monday (Saturday thru Saturday Oasis cruise). Then is goes to the regular $349.95. (I just saw it on one of the 1-2-210 Compasses.)

It certainly sounds like a good deal to me since we are travelling with a group of friends! Thanks for the info!!

--------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

The Oasis Camels Website

Planned Cruises

You are absolutely correct! It is $299.95 until Monday (Saturday thru Saturday Oasis cruise). Then is goes to the regular $349.95. (I just saw it on one of the 1-2-210 Compasses.)

It certainly sounds like a good deal to me since we are travelling with a group of friends! Thanks for the info!!

--------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

The Oasis Camels Website

Planned Cruises

Does that mean you but it by Monday and get all pictures taken till Monday? Or do you buy it on by Monday and get all pictures taken before and after that point?

Does that mean you but it by Monday and get all pictures taken till Monday? Or do you buy it on by Monday and get all pictures taken before and after that point?

It only means the cost is cheaper if you buy it earlier rather than later. You get all the pictures taken during you voyage. Even the pics taken after Monday. The price reduction is only to get people to commit to buying earlier rather than later. It probably gives them more time to plan the work load out to produce the CD's by the end of the cruise.

Ok, I might just be a little slow but I guess I am not sure exactly how the CD system works. Is it a set price based upon stateroom number or by group? I have 6 people staying in 3 staterooms and the CD option might just be the best option for us if we can share the cost of 1 CD.

Thanks!

Hi,

Good question about the various groups on 1 CD from the previous post. I'd just like to know before I plunk down my 300 bucks where were the ships photographers taking pictures? Were they taking them on the zip line, flow rider, or rock wall? Were they in the various venues, "neighbourhoods" and bars. I think that would influence my decision to buy the CD ahead of time. If past Oasis cruisers could recall where the photographers were taking pictures I'd appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance for your response

Hi,

Good question about the various groups on 1 CD from the previous post. I'd just like to know before I plunk down my 300 bucks where were the ships photographers taking pictures? Were they taking them on the zip line, flow rider, or rock wall? Were they in the various venues, "neighbourhoods" and bars. I think that would influence my decision to buy the CD ahead of time. If past Oasis cruisers could recall where the photographers were taking pictures I'd appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance for your response

On our 1/2 sailing it seemed like photographers were rarely around (compared to previous cruises). There were dinner photos for each formal night and photographers during dinner time each night but that was it. In the past they would be randomly around the ship during the day but I never saw any. We had poor weather which may have caused them to not go out but it definitely seemed like less than usual. Hopefully they didn't do that on purpose to try and sell more of the custom photo shoot sessions.

Ok, I might just be a little slow but I guess I am not sure exactly how the CD system works. Is it a set price based upon stateroom number or by group? I have 6 people staying in 3 staterooms and the CD option might just be the best option for us if we can share the cost of 1 CD.

Thanks!

I believe it's per stateroom but, you'd have to check with the photo shop to be certain.

Image is the company that does the photography for both RCI and Disney. Although I don't have recent RCI experience, I can tell you that on DCL the CD is supposed to be per cabin, but the software has facial recognition so if you have pictures taken with persons from another cabin in your group, you are likely to end up with the pics of them on the same CD as yours. I wouldn't be surprised to find that it works the same way on RCI.

• 3 weeks later...

My sister bought the $299 disk. It shows you the pictures through it's own app. There is no built in option to print. You can't open them outside of the disk's app. You can't import them to iphoto. CVS couldn't print them. If you go into the disk itself and look at the files, it has a folder called images and inside are a bunch of *.enc files... I'm assuming that stands for encrypted. So aside from taking screen shots (which isn't a great resolution to print from), you are locked out of any meaningful access to the files.

FYI - It is done by suite. Also, the disk is $299 even if there are only 11 pictures on it.

It seems to be a waste of $299. Beware! (I'd love to hear from someone telling me I'm wrong... cause this really sucks.)

• 4 weeks later...

This is how it works. I use a MAC and it has a downloadable program on the disc which unlocks the .enc files into .jpgs and they are completely printable after that. You can then make new DVDs for friends, etc. The program works on face recognition, so if you give your seapass for a photo and everyone in your group has a picture taken on your seapass, then all of their photos will appear on you disc, because they are recognized as part of your group. Sooooo if traveling with a group it is really great! We had 134 photos on it which we can now print as we wish! A good deal:)

• 1 year later...

I just saw a photo package price for $499 for the "unlimited" CD of your cruise pictures...We bought the package deal last year on a NCL cruise for a "daily-type" special and I had no problems getting the pictures printed at Walgreens...It included a release form that said you own the pictures.....

This is a great answer about the photo CD. it is from a thread last week. I had the same experience as this family.

fdthird

Cool Cruiser

... "Let me tell you of our experience. Back in November we cruised with all our kids on the Allure of the Seas. My wife and I were in one cabin, my oldest son and his fiancé in a second cabin, my daughter in a third cabin and our son is working on the ship as an entertainer. I purchased the CD before we left on the cruise and paid about $200 for it. So, the day we checked in at Port Everglades my wife and I, son and his fiancé and my daughter all checked into different cabins. We all checked in with different agents but then waited for each other so we could board together as our son was meeting us in the Royal Promenade. When we went for the boarding picture on the way to the ship we were all in it and I gave them my sea pass for registration. Perhaps because of doing that, ALL pictures that any of us were in were included on our photo CD. There were family pictures taken getting off and on the ship at various ports, pictures around the ship, pictures taken in dinning venues, etc. It did not matter if my wife and I were in the pictures or not as the kids came back to the ship after we did in St Martins and their re-boarding pictures were on the disk as were the ones my wife and I had taken a couple of hours before. One night my son and his fiancé went to a special meal alone at 150 Park and the pictures they had taken there were included on the CD.

It would appear that because we were all in the boarding picture and because I used my sea pass, any picture taken of anyone in that boarding picture was put on our CD. I know they say it doesn't happen that way, but that was our experience.

Good luck!"

Archived