For 1 person - better to pre-book shuttle to hotel or just get one at the airport?

eggypann

A few members of our party are arriving at very different times. Would it be better for them to pre-book with one of the shuttles or just get one from the airport. If you pre-book how does it work - do they tell you to go to a particular place or what? Thanks!!

What they do depends on the shuttle service or airport. What airport are you flying into. Also, sometimes there is a discount if you have a group. Or, it is the same price to have a private shuttle, rather than a shared shuttle that you might have to stop and several locations before your final destination.

I guess I didn't say this as well as I could have. There are several women flying into LAX (going to Hotel Maya in Long Beach) - but all at very different times. So that precludes any sharing! What I'm trying to figure out is if it would be better for each person to pre-book a shuttle or if she should just grab a shuttle when she gets there. Is there any reason to pre-book?

I guess I didn't say this as well as I could have. There are several women flying into LAX (going to Hotel Maya in Long Beach) - but all at very different times. So that precludes any sharing! What I'm trying to figure out is if it would be better for each person to pre-book a shuttle or if she should just grab a shuttle when she gets there. Is there any reason to pre-book?

Better - ? A little cheaper - Yes.

I just booked RT on Super Shuttle from LAX to LGB Harbor and back for my cruise on the Splendor. It was $17 O/W, with a $3 discount using code UYR59. I think that $14 is a pretty good price. BTW...I went ahead and added in the tip too. One less thing to deal with. Also, these shuttles fill up quickly, so the wait won't be that long.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived