New questions about HHV day rate

c-leg5

We were looking into HHV for the day when we disembark. We were quoted $130 for the end of May which seems to be quite a lot higher than most of you have paid. My question is, how do they regulate how many people are booked into the room? Do you get armbands or a key pass to use the facilities and pools like some of the resorts we have bought day passes to before. How do they know if you are staying at the hotel or can you buy a day pass without a room? Thanks.

We were quoted $99.50 for May 22nd (just booked it last week via phone call to HHV since I couldn't find the day-use rate via their on-line res system). The only draw-back we encountered is that they would not let us book it for 5 adults; so we had to book 2 separate rooms. Perhaps the higher rate they quoted you for the end of May is because of the Memorial Day holiday. :confused: Supply vs demand?

I'm not sure how they regulate who their guests are or the diff between weekly stays versus 1 day use.

Thanks for your reply. I tried calling again yesterday and got a different person and a totally different set of answers! This time I was told the rate was $105 for the day room for two people, or $155 for four. She confirmed that the facilities would be available to us from 7am - 5pm, unlike previously when I was told 9am - 5pm. She did confirm that we would be issued wristbands and was adament that privileges would cease at 5pm, not sure how, or if, they monitor that. We are actually staying for one night post-cruise and were trying to decide between staying on reward points for the night or taking a day room and staying elsewhere. Since it is the holiday weekend I think it may be too busy for us and we will just stay somewhere else this time.

That is werid. I didn't know the price was different according to the number of people you had. We were a group of four and were quoted $99. Had the great upgrade to the suite as well. Go figure. Husband has a high status with HHonors program but I don't think they knew that when I booked so don't think that is the reason why.

Archived