Taking the train from SEATTLE to VANCOUVER

scapilot

My wife and I are planning to go on the May 10th Coral Princess 5 day, from Vancouver, and we were wondering if anyone has taken the train from Seattle to Vancouver. I see that the train station is only a mile and a half from the cruise terminal. Thats good. Anything else ?

Amtrak is a very popular option for a Seattle to Vancouver transfer. It is very scenic and relaxing. The train comes in at the Pacific Central Station and from there you have the option of going to Canada Place by SkyTrain or by taxi. A taxi fare is about $10 and Skytrain in $2.50 (CDN) pp, the fare machines do accept cc and debit cards. With SkyTrain you walk from the train station to the SkyTrain station is about a block then you are about a block from Canada Place when you get off...so you do need to be able to handle your own luggage.

We took the train in 2007 and loved it! Very relaxing and convenient. We wanted to do the reverse (Vancouver to Seattle ) but it does not leave Vancouver until late at night :(

They have been operating 2 trains per day in either direction for a number of months now, however there is some conjecture as to wheither they will drop the second train post Olympics...so say tuned and we will see.:)

With ship in port at 6am it is unlikely I would get to the 0740 train...

I guess there would be no point on the evening train 6.50pm as no daylight to enjoy the scenery (Late May)..?

Thanks putterdude for your info - pretty likely we'll take the quickcoach and enjoy YVR

I guess there would be no point on the evening train 6.50pm as no daylight to enjoy the scenery (Late May)..?

In late may in the Pacific Northwest sunset is not until about 9 pm and there will be twilight until about 9:45 so you will see a fair amount.

They have been operating 2 trains per day in either direction for a number of months now, however there is some conjecture as to wheither they will drop the second train post Olympics...so say tuned and we will see.:)

Thanks putterdude for your info - pretty likely we'll take the quickcoach and enjoy YVR

FWIW neither the evening Seattle departure nor the morning Vancouver departure (the "second trains") are in the timetable for the spring/summer as of now.

Archived