Car Rental

debster818

We weren't cruising so I can't comment on whether many rent when off the ship. And we rented for 2 weeks so the rates would be very different. But many of the standard US companies are in all those places and if you look around you can find coupons and discounts.

HI

I have rented cars in Cozumel and Grand Caymen.

Cozumel is great to see the other side of the island, taking your time. Rneted when I got off the ship right atthe dock. Barter with them as there is quite a few rental places.

Grand Caymen loved the less travelled side of teh Island loved the local resturants. Made arraingements before I went. They came and picked us up and went to teh airport for the car and they returned us to teh docks when we were done. Very nice lazy day wanderig trip.

I hope this helps

I would caution anyone against rental in Cozumel.

In Mexico in the event of an accident no matter who is at fault the driver is subject to criminal penalties.

There was an involved thread here last year where the driver and his wife almost missed his ship and cost hundreds of dollars in forced payments to corrupt police.

Archived