Where did all the inside cabins go?

mousecrazy

I've been considering a the March 27, 2010 Star cruise, so have been monitoring the cabin inventory and pricing for the past month or so. I thought there might be a noticeable change at the 75 day mark, but nothing. Then today, at 54 days out ALL the inside cabins are gone. What happened to them?

There were many, many inside cabins available just yesterday. Do you really think that many people bought up cabins in the last 24 hours? NCL obviously removed them from inventory, but why? (Sorry, I didn't ask my question correctly previously).

Hi mousecrazy,

I wondered if it was some kind of computer thing. Sometimes cabins disappear and reappear, but I called NCL and they said that they were indeed sold out of inside cabins.

Good luck with the other suggestions here.

I am on the March 27 sailing of the Star, so was quite interested in the answer to your question.

I hope you can make the cruise!

Hi mousecrazy,

I wondered if it was some kind of computer thing. Sometimes cabins disappear and reappear, but I called NCL and they said that they were indeed sold out of inside cabins.

Good luck with the other suggestions here.

I am on the March 27 sailing of the Star, so was quite interested in the answer to your question.

I hope you can make the cruise!

Wow, thanks for checking that out for me. I was mostly curious. Just seemed a little weird. I think we'll make it to the ship anyways...I have the last AF on hold. My kids are about to pop with excitement. We went on this cruise (same week) 2 years ago and had a blast...best vacation ever.

Not sure why they all disappeared practically over night but I have a feeling I know why more than normal are sold out this early.

In December the Ellen Show gave out im guessing a couple hundred free cruises. Each guest in the audience got a best available inside cabin double occupancy and one of the sailing dates is March 27th on the Star. I would know, I am one of those lucky few.

Since it is spring break it ended up being the most desirable choice of the 7 dates given for most people. I am guessing at least half the audience booked this date and their only option was an inside cabin. Even if they wanted to upgrade they were booked in an inside cabin and had to wait for their certificate to clear before they have the option to upgrade. In other words a small handful of inside cabins may open up if you stalk the site. That could be why the inside cabins are opening up then disappearing again.

Our group booked ours like, 3 weeks ago. That is 5 inside cabins right there, though I think one of us is probably going to upgrade to an ocean view or balcony.

Hope you make it on the cruise!

Archived