Freestyle Cruising with a Group

duckie22

I am interested to know if you are cruising with a group if your group can be seated together in the dining room in the evenings. We have had as many as 25 or 30 people cruising together. The one thing that we all agree on is that dining together for the evening meal is preferred. Has anyone "group cruised" with Norweigan before? Can you help?

Thanks - duckie22

I am interested to know if you are cruising with a group if your group can be seated together in the dining room in the evenings. We have had as many as 25 or 30 people cruising together. The one thing that we all agree on is that dining together for the evening meal is preferred. Has anyone "group cruised" with Norweigan before? Can you help?

Thanks - duckie22

Thats alot of people for one seating , but they can do it . You will need to give the Maitre'd plenty of warning when you first board the ship. They do have the longer tables along the side of the MDR that will acommadate larger groups. And of course this will not work with Freestyle (anytime dining) you will need to pick a time.

Good luck ;)

WE cruised with 12 in a group, and were able to get a single table each night and some breakfasts for that many without prior arrngements (a short wait). This allowed us to pick the time depending on what else was going on. A larger group should definitely pre-arrange the seating and time.

WE cruised with 12 in a group, and were able to get a single table each night and some breakfasts for that many without prior arrngements (a short wait). This allowed us to pick the time depending on what else was going on. A larger group should definitely pre-arrange the seating and time.

Yeah I think pre arrangement would be a good idea. My you could call NCL and have them note it on your reservation. It might help them to handle your group.

I have an additional suggestion that will save some stress and inconvenience. Arrange to meet somewhere about 1/2 hour (or even 15 minutes)before dinner. Have a cocktail together, talk about the day in a nice open space, whatever. This will save the hassle that inevitably occurs when some in the party are late for the reservation time. They do not want to seat people unless all parties are present. It was a real pain for us, because we filled up the seating around the dining room and someone (I) had to call the late parties and remind them of the dinner time. It also gives everyone a buffer so that if something unexpected occurs while they are trying to get ready, they don't make everyone wait for diinner because they are delayed.

Perhaps the seating protocol is different on different ships, but someone at NCL suggested this to me and it was a great improvement on our group experience.

Have fun!

MAIN RESTAURANTS

Groups of 1-49 guests will be permitted to make group

reservations as often as requested during the course of the

cruise.

The seating times will be either 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 8:30pm,

9:00pm or 9:30pm.

The guests will be offered the regular menu.

You also can make reservation for the specialty restaurants but depending on group size they rotate the group into section, 30 mins time frames...

Archived