ship time vs cozumel time

ukiecruzer

not so. We cruised the 24th to the 31st and had time changes to deal with..ship time was different than port time.

Not so?.....really

Did you bother to click on any of the many links I have provided?

Obviously not

Had you done so you would know that in 2009 Mexico switched from daylight saving time on October 25th.

You would also know that in 2010 mexico switches back from daylight saving time on October 31st.

I provided all the links, you had but to investigate for yourself.

But Not So is just so much easier to typr.

Must helpless man in ignorance sedate

Roll darkling down the torrent of his fate? Samuel Johnson

Remember not every country has DST. DST starts the first week in here in the U.S. Mexico will be on CST and many countries in the Caribbean will be on EST. REMEMBER!!!!!!!!! What ever time the country is on, you are on ship time. So what ever watch,clock,sundial or hour glass you bring set one to ship time. That's the time you have follow. You show up at the pier and that dot on the horizon is your ship, enjoy you extended stay.Cheers!;)

Hi to you all,

I am totally confused now about time zones, time difference, time changes, ....... this is our 6th cruise and I only once made a mistake booking an excursion gladly we showed up 1 hour too early and not too late.

That is why since then we always ask booking an independent tour what the local time is and from their experience what time difference will be with the ship and from Cozumel we received the answer 1 hour ...... so now I am totally confused because I checked all your links, thanks for them, and you are correct there will be a difference of 2 hours.

I hope that our tour cy's of Cayman, Belize and Roatan are not making the same mistake and that they are correct with their information that difference will be 1 hour. It is not that big of a deal showing up too early but arriving the ship too late ...........

Anyhow thank you for your links because I am going to try to find out if we have booked our excursions on the other ports correct before we cruise on March 14th with the Valor.

Have a great day

goodnight from Belgium

Frieda

I did some checking on the Valor and found a set of Capers from last March 22, doing the same western itinerary.

On the cover near the bottom sunrise and sunset are listed for Cozumel. We can use this as a proxy for ship time. For Cozumel on March 26, 2009 sunrise was 7:47 am, sunset was 7:59 pm.

Using the time and date tool on http://www.timeanddate.com we can check what local time was on that date. The chart shows sunrise at 5:46 am and sunset at 6:01 pm. Link

The difference is two hours between ship time and local time in Cozumel and will remain so until April 4, when Cozumel moves clocks ahead one hour.

Carnival_Valor-Capers-26Mar09-a-Cozumel.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

thanks but ...........it seems that some of the islands changes their time in March I did receive a mail from an agency at Cayman and this is what they mailed me

On March 14th there is a daylight savings time change which affects the ship time and pushes times forward by 1 hour

will there be a difference of 2 hours now ???? again still very confused

we decided to book early excursions because we rather be 2 hours too early than 2 hours too late ( hope we did not book them before arriving the islands, would not want to miss our trips )

thanks again for your reply

after our cruise we will know what time it will be at all of these islands so maye it is a help for other people cruising next year March

have a great day

this website has the capers from carnival dream western caribbean, it states that ship time is 1 hour ahead of island time. this is from a dec jan cruise

hope this helps,

http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys/The_Cruise_Guys/Carnival_Dream,_Carnival_Capers_Day_3.html

• 6 years later...

we would like to inform you that the Mexican state of Quintana Roo will be permanently changing time zones as of February 1st 2015. Quintana Roo is home to some of Mexico's hottest destinations which include Cancún, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres and the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Akumal and Tulum). Currently, this area of Mexico observes a time zone equivalent to that of Central Standard Time (CST) and now will be moving forward one hour to the equivalent of Eastern Standard Time (EST). This change was designed to boost the tourist experience by creating longer, lighter evenings while at the same time reducing energy consumption.