Magic Jack

jmezmom

Odds are they will have that port blocked, especially considering the limited bandwidth.

I doubt it, considering that it uses such minimal bandwidth to begin with.

OF course, I have seen ways in which Skype was used on board even when "blocked".

Could not get it to connect to be able to dial out on Freedom of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean.

HOwever, in the Med, it worked fine on Celebrity Century and we were able to make several calls over it during our cruise.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what phone did you plug into it? Also, is there really much difference in savings over just using my cell phone considiering the cost of internet on the ships?

Sorry for the dumb question, but what phone did you plug into it? Also, is there really much difference in savings over just using my cell phone considering the cost of internet on the ships?

Yes, internet, at most, is $0.55 a minute. You can buy packages to make it cheaper...

Cell phone is around $2.49 a minute (AT&T wireless for example)

Yes, internet, at most, is $0.55 a minute. You can buy packages to make it cheaper...

Cell phone is around $2.49 a minute (AT&T wireless for example)

Nice, the price sounds good. But on the ship, what phone would I plug into it? I am considering one but my understanding is a regular phone plugs into it, not a cell phone. And I wasn't planning to carry a regular phone with me.

Thanks

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived