Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jeafl

Now that the early saver option is gone for my cruise, how do I check for rate reductions? The options are Fun Saver, which won't let you look at a specific category, since they are all guarantees, and Fun Select which will show you specific categories, but are much higher than the early saver fares because you pick your exact cabin.

If I want to compare prices, which one do I go with? Right now we have a category 4F interior on the Empress deck.

Thanks!

You have to monitor any prices you are eligible for. Senior, past guest, resident, fun saver, etc.

If any of those rates drop below what you paid for any category at or above your current category, submit a request!

Now that the early saver option is gone for my cruise, how do I check for rate reductions? The options are Fun Saver, which won't let you look at a specific category, since they are all guarantees, and Fun Select which will show you specific categories, but are much higher than the early saver fares because you pick your exact cabin.

If I want to compare prices, which one do I go with? Right now we have a category 4F interior on the Empress deck.

Thanks!

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months for shorter cruises and in 5 months for longer cruises) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the your state Resident Rate, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Residency and Military.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Residency Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com after you’re booked. In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out.

In the blue Quick Search box on the Home page, Fill in your cruise info, select your state and select the Promo Boxes you're eligible for. If Promo rates are currently being offered for your cruise, they will be displayed below the FunSelect and FunSaver rates on the Rates Page for your cruise.

You CAN price match with a “Guarantee” rate (FunSaver, Pack-and-Go….) rate, if the rate for a CATEGORY (OV, BL, ST) above yours falls below your current Early Saver rate. You will be assigned a TBA cabin and you will retain your ES status.

If you booked via TA, the TA must submit the Price Adjustment Request form; if you booked direct or via PVP you must submit the Price Adjustment Request form. Carnival has reportedly implemented an automated response system, that automatically sends an e-mail confirmation that your claim has been received. Many TA’s are not enthusiastic about submitting Price Adjustment Requests and may refuse to do so or may charge you.

ken

Thanks everyone! I think if it drops we may have trouble with the TA since she was already moaning that she didn't make much money off of us because of early saver. In fact, she told me she "couldn't" book it for us. She had me book it then switch it over to her. She has been a PITA since day one, and I will NEVER book with a TA again. I only booked with her this time because my dad used her a lot for his trips.

Why should she make any money off of you if you booked it yourself? I do not use TAs but would never even consider using someone who complains about how much commision she's going to get.

If you booked it yourself what is the purpose of switching over to her other than for her to earn a commision?

Why should she make any money off of you if you booked it yourself? I do not use TAs but would never even consider using someone who complains about how much commision she's going to get.

If you booked it yourself what is the purpose of switching over to her other than for her to earn a commision?

Theoretically, she is supposed to be keeping an eye out for price drops for us, but I doubt she is because she was complaining about how little she is making as it is. If it drops lower, so will her commission.

I finally emailed her and told her that ANYTHING she makes off of us is free money for her since I booked it myself and she did none of the work. Besides, we are a party of 9 in 3 cabins, so she is making a decent amount of commission. Oh well, live and learn. I will never book with her again.

Archived