Cuban Restaurant near Hyatt Place FLL?

GreytRacer

Is there a Cuban restaurant near the Hyatt Place in FLL? I have seen a few places mentioned in other threads , but they all appear to be a good distance away and we won't have a car.

Being from a town in Indiana with no Cuban food, we would be happy with a sandwich shop if that's all we can get!

Thanks!

Your staying at a great hotel to get to the port, but unfortunately, I do not know of a cuban restaurant that is in that vicinity... There is a pretty good sized shopping center that is right next to your hotel, but I've only been to it once and stopped in a pizza place to get some pizza on the way home from the beach... I don't remember a cuban restaurant being there, but it is possible...

However, I would recommend a seafood restaurant that is only about a mile from your hotel (easy cab ride), it is called the 15th street fisheries... The restaurant has two parts, downstairs is casual bar type food, and the upstairs is a little more formal (read expensive), but the location is great for the views, they feed the tarpon's at night (see website for times) which is a lot of fun to see... One of my favorite restaurants in south florida... http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

If you want something within walking distance and more casual, there is an outback right next to the hotel, a chucks steakhouse a few blocks down on 17th street causeway..

If you do want to cab it to a cuban restaurant, there is a really good one on Sterling Road, just west of I-95, called Las Vegas... great cuban food, very inexpensive prices, but a little far from where you will be staying...

Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine

2810 Stirling Rd., Hollywood, FL, 33020

(954) 927-0222

Thanks daze823! I was afraid that there weren't any Cuban places near. We actually stayed at this hotel in Sept 2009, so I'm familiar with the strip mall near by. That time, we ate at Southport Raw Bar and had an early Meet and Greet with our Roll Call friends.

We have eaten at the Las Vegas on an earlier trip to FLL and really liked it, but I agree that it's a bit far away.

Perhaps we'll try the 15th St Fisheries this time. Thanks for the link!

Archived