mariner western sailing...port or starboard?

What is a starboard side? It probably does not matter though because we have interior rooms. We had to budget because we just got off of enchantment in July so this was the only way we could afford to for all of us to go (5 of us) any teens in your group? My DS13 is eager to start talking with others going to be on this cruise. Thanks for any advice... Lisa

Starboard is the right side of the ship if you are facing the bow.

Nope...no young boys or girls for that matter either...but I AM bringing along

my own DS...as in Dear Sister. She is unmarried and a doctor at that!

I think she may be looking at the much, much older boys.

She has a JS and we, myself and the DH, are in a GS. Both on the Starboard side, as we wanted to be able to wave to the people gathered at JJ Grills, one of our favorite haunts to watch the "boat follies" and cheer on the ships with cocktails in hand. Will be nice not to be the landlubbers that week, and waving from, instead at, the ship!!

Cheers!

I cannot get registered for the meet and mingle because I bought my cruise from Cruise Value Center and the reserv. #'s do not come up correct. I don't know how else to get registered, do you?

Looking forward to meeting everyone, I am sure it will be a blast! Lisa

I cannot get registered for the meet and mingle because I bought my cruise from Cruise Value Center and the reserv. #'s do not come up correct. I don't know how else to get registered, do you?

Looking forward to meeting everyone, I am sure it will be a blast! Lisa

From what I have read with other posts, you should be able to get your actual RCCL assigned booking number from your Travel Agent. Just explain to them what you need. Hopefully that will help.

Then just go through the prompts for the "meet and mingle registration" site.

Hope that works!

See you on board!

Cheers!

From our recent cruise I think you want the starboard side (the right side of the ship when you are facing the front ~ I am still working on my terms) at least for arrival in the ports of call. Not sure what you will want for sail-away from Port Canaveral as I am unsure of where Grills is. Hope it helps. Though from either side you get beautiful views :)

From our recent cruise I think you want the starboard side (the right side of the ship when you are facing the front ~ I am still working on my terms) at least for arrival in the ports of call. Not sure what you will want for sail-away from Port Canaveral as I am unsure of where Grills is. Hope it helps. Though from either side you get beautiful views :)

Thanks for the info, cruinhokie!!

Does that mean we will be looking at the disembarkation dock when we are in ports that we actually dock up, or looking out to sea opposite of it, when we are on the balcony on the starboard (right) side?

I am assuming only Ocho Rios and Cozumel are hard docked?

JJ Grills is one of the restaurants you will pass that can be viewed from the starboard side of the ship on the way out of the port on your embarkation day in Cape Canaveral. That is the side with all the restaurants and boats lined along the shore with people that you see waving you as you slide out to sea.

Cheers!

Archived