The best ways to save money on bar tab... (im not talking rum runners!)

Teala

Im going on carnival in december, and I want to find ways to cut back on the bar tab but im not talking smuggling! I know about the free drinks at the captains party and art auctions but what else?

There are drink specials in the AM right? i know there was on NCL, tequila sunrise, bloody marys etc.

Drink of the day... is this less expensive than regular drinks? also, ive heard you can ask for it without the special glass and its less too. i did that once on a cruise and if i remember, they still charged me full price. should i mention it to the bar waiter?

is it cheaper to get drink cards before hand? i read on carnival site that the bar vouchers are good for up to a certain price. are there decent drinks at that price?

what ARE the drink prices?

thanks in advance!

Im going on carnival in december, and I want to find ways to cut back on the bar tab but im not talking smuggling! I know about the free drinks at the captains party and art auctions but what else?

There are drink specials in the AM right? i know there was on NCL, tequila sunrise, bloody marys etc.

Drink of the day... is this less expensive than regular drinks? also, ive heard you can ask for it without the special glass and its less too. i did that once on a cruise and if i remember, they still charged me full price. should i mention it to the bar waiter?

is it cheaper to get drink cards before hand? i read on carnival site that the bar vouchers are good for up to a certain price. are there decent drinks at that price?

what ARE the drink prices?

thanks in advance!

You might post this on the Carnival board, which has alot more traffic, and I'm sure you will get more answers.

I just got off the Ecstasy, and I remember the A.M. drinks were $4.95 before noon. You can also get a bucket of beers for a slightly reduced price per bottle.

On Carnival, you can board legally with one bottle of wine per person. Your room steward will bring you a wine glass.

Hope this helps.

Archived