Good local/non-touristy food by 7 Mile Beach?

jlovely

After our stingray tour we'll probably be asked to be dropped off by 7 Mile Beach. Can anyone recommend a good place to eat? But somewhere that isn't too touristy? If it's off the beaten path a little bit, that's OK too....as long as we can walk there.

Thanks! :)

This is what a fellow cruiser wrote about just last week while in Grand Cayman.

" wanted fish tacos from The Sunshine Grill. I had stumbled upon the Sunshine Grill on the internet one day while searching for fish taco recipes and apparently, these had the lofty title of The Best Fish Tacos Ever….i certainly wanted to be the judge of THAT! so to say I was sort of obsessed with lunching at this place was an understatement……

http://www.sunshinesuites.com/sunshine.htm

Most of the restaurants we have found on 7 mile beach the 2 times we have been their have been lame. Hot dogs, burgers, chicken tenders...what in the world? I can get that a block from my house. Don't just assume your going to find a great place just by walking onto the beach. FYI.

Do yourselves a favor and ask the people running your tour to recommend a place and drop you there rather than hunting on your own.

We tried this exact same thing about 5 or 6 years ago after a stingray city tour. We were dropped off on the beach and there was a restaurant nearby that I think was part of a hotel but lines were long so we decided just to walk down the beach and find another place. Big mistake. I don't know if we headed the wrong way or not but we really didn't find much after walking quite aways. A lot of the beach was condo developments with not a lot of public restaurants. What we did find had basic sandwiches. We ended up just heading back to town and eating at a place near the tender dock called Hammerheads. Had a great fresh fish sandwich. Again this was several years ago and things might have changed.

Last March we went snorkeling at a dive resort a mile south of the tender port, place called the Sunset House. They had a great bar & restaurant the water there that had fantastic fish.

Archived