Types of Cigarettes/Cigars on Ship

Chowder_17

I have never seen Cubans on CCL. I was on the Destiny last year and they had some Romeo Y Julieta and some Montecristo and no Cuban cigars. I was not impressed. I am planning to bring my own next cruise. Also, be careful buying "Cubans" in ports. I did my research before my last cruise and could not find a real Cuban in Nassau even though they were advertised as real Cubans. The onboard shopping expert knew nothing about where to find Cubans.

Ships calling on USA ports are proscribed by law from carrying Cuban goods as part of the ship's inventory. That is why Cuban cigars, rum etc. are not available for purchase on board Carnival ships.

Carnival does not care if you bring Cuban cigars on board their ships. They will suggest that you smoke them before returning to the USA where they are subject to confiscation.

Thanks for the info on the cigars! I was curious about cloves though...I recently got back into the states and I see that the president banned cloves and flavored cigarettes back in Oct. So, I was hoping they were maybe on the ship or in a port. Thanks!

I have never seen Cubans on CCL. I was on the Destiny last year and they had some Romeo Y Julieta and some Montecristo and no Cuban cigars. I was not impressed. I am planning to bring my own next cruise. Also, be careful buying "Cubans" in ports. I did my research before my last cruise and could not find a real Cuban in Nassau even though they were advertised as real Cubans. The onboard shopping expert knew nothing about where to find Cubans.

i would have to say this person is not an expert, but a paid advertiser for gold and watches. :)

Chowder 17,

You should be able to find some "good" cigars in Nassau. Try going to Graycliff Cigar Co. on Main Street. They have local made and habanos. There is a thread for "cigar aficianados" on the Carnival boards that discuss all the possible locations for fine cigars on the Caribb:). I don't know about clove-flavored cigs though.

I recognize the "Hap" Arnold wings. It took 26 years but I think I have down pat!

P.S. Thanks for Serving!

Chowder 17,

You should be able to find some "good" cigars in Nassau. Try going to Graycliff Cigar Co. on Main Street. They have local made and habanos. There is a thread for "cigar aficianados" on the Carnival boards that discuss all the possible locations for fine cigars on the Caribb:). I don't know about clove-flavored cigs though.

I recognize the "Hap" Arnold wings. It took 26 years but I think I have down pat!

P.S. Thanks for Serving!

Yup! I am active duty Air Force (almost 6 years now). Thanks for the help.

Yup! I am active duty Air Force (almost 6 years now). Thanks for the help.

Chowder 17,

Retired in 1998 myself. I gave you a bad address for Grayhill's Cigar Co. They said to ask anybody past the straw market and they'll point you in the right direction. It is a hotel, restuarant and cigar company. If you go to the cigar afficinado thread, there are as many opinions as there are posters but they do seem to know their cigars. There are legit habano sellers in the main shopping strip but you have to be very careful because of all the fakes out there. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Archived