Copenhagen Marriott

I've read that the Marriott is a great hotel and that some people are getting a good price on priceline.

Can someone sell me on the location? Some of the smaller hotels right around Tivoli seem to be more conveniently located to the train station if we want to use the train from the airport to our hotel and then sightsee on foot.

Next, where is the Marriott in relation to the cruise terminal (for the Star Princess June 11) or how far or convenient is the Tivoli neighbourhood to the cruise terminal?

Also, how much would a taxi be to the ship from the Marriott or from town centre (Tivoli area)? Is there a train?

Adventures ahead -

We booked the Marriott for our July pre-cruise stay at $105/night through a bid on Priceline - and then contacted the hotel directly for the executive upgrade (includes breakfast, internet, happy hour, snacks, etc.) for an additional $105/night.

We are satisfied with the location - only about 4 blocks from the train station & Tivoli. The canal tour is available close by, too.

Marriott also provides shuttle service to the cruise port (ours is Freeport.) I can't remember the cost but it can be reserved at check in.

Thanks for your reply.

If we take the train from the airport to town centre, I wonder if the four blocks to the Marriott is doable with luggage if we want to walk. Maybe someone has the answer.

How recently did you make the bid on Priceline?

Hi. I'm not the person you are asking, but about 2 weeks ago I bid $105 on Priceline and got it for the 4-star (Marriott), but a day or so later someone said they got the same thing for $100. Mine was for July 8-11 dates.

BTW, I also have the same questions about getting from the airport to the hotel with all the luggage.

Adventures ahead -

We booked the Marriott for our July pre-cruise stay at $105/night through a bid on Priceline - and then contacted the hotel directly for the executive upgrade (includes breakfast, internet, happy hour, snacks, etc.) for an additional $105/night.

We are satisfied with the location - only about 4 blocks from the train station & Tivoli. The canal tour is available close by, too.

Marriott also provides shuttle service to the cruise port (ours is Freeport.) I can't remember the cost but it can be reserved at check in.

Question: Do you have to be a Marriott club member (or whatever) to upgrade? I've heard that with the executive package both your morning and evening meals can be basically free. With the food prices in CPH, that may be a good deal.

Any comments?

You do not have to be a club member to get the upgrade (we are not!!) You do have to contact the hotel directly (not general Marriott reservations.) I emailed the hotel directly and heard back promptly. (You can even check on the Marriott website with your original confirmation number and see the upgraded status.)

We haven't yet decided if we will take a cab from the airport or attempt to walk from the train. We don't arrive until 8:00 pm and walking 4 blocks with our luggage may be too much for us after the long flight - just to try to save a few dollars.

BTW - we placed our bid on Priceline only last week.

Adventures ahead -

We booked the Marriott for our July...

...We are satisfied with the location - only about 4 blocks from the train station & Tivoli. The canal tour is available close by, too.

The shuttle looked like a perfectly good way to get over to the cruise terminal. But, a taxi was cheaper for 3 people riding together. I seem to recall that the taxi was about U.S. $23 from the Marriott to the cruise terminal (Freeport). Apologies ahead of time if I am off on the fare. However, the bit about it being less expensive for 3 was true. We left about 11:45 a.m. and that proved to be an easy time to check-in and board the ship. The only thing is we had to wait about 10 minutes for a taxi at the hotel because of the large number of cruise ships departing that Sunday. In the end the wait was not a big deal or a problem.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

We took the plunge and booked on Priceline today. Our $105 bid was accepted immediately (maybe, could have bid less)! :D

We are travelling with friends and the four of us will most likely get the CPN card before or upon arrival, travel by train from the airport to town centre and walk to our hotel. Thanks for the tip on the taxi to the ship which we will most likely do as there are four of us.

Cheers!

If I recall correctly, the train entrance is directly across from Tivoli at the Hard Rock Cafe entrance. If you leave the train station and turn right, the Marriott is a straight walk down that street. While we did not have luggage, we did walk back to the Marriott from Tivoli after our 30 hour day. So, if you are fit, you can do it with luggage.

The next day we took a shuttle arranged by someone from our roll call so I can't comment on the Marriott shuttle.

The hotel was very nice and I would recommend it. The Priceline quote does vary, and I think the early bird gets the best quote.

We stayed there last July before our cruise and were very happy with it. Be prepared for the food costs in the hotel and Copenhagen in general. We went to the Hard Rock, as we try in most cities, and the normal $10-12 hamburger there was $38!! No, we did not stay-food very expensive there. Also, the buffet breakfast was like $20-25 each!! We took taxis from airport to hotel and then hotel to dock. They take credit cards in the taxis and we had no problem with any that. Honest there-just expensive. Be sure to take the this river cruise there-you see lots.

I have a question about the Copenhagen Marriott breakfast. I was wondering if you tried the Marriott buffet and if they had any Danish specialities for breakfast. I've read about the expense and we are only staying one day so I thought if it is interesting - we'll just go for it!

Thank you.

Where did you find the direct email address for the Copenhagen Marriott? We are staying there also and I have a question I need to ask them. Would you post a link to the address. I can't seem to find it.

Our area in Virginia looks just like I remember Syracuse looking like in the winter. The snow just keeps coming!!!

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

Hello Karen

I know what you mean about looking like Syracuse!! We are getting snow here in Denver today but not anything like you have there. Our son lives near Philadelphia. He took our 18 month old grandaughter outside and all the snow there scared her!! :eek:

I wasn't sure if it would be against the rules to post the Copenhagen Marriott direct email address here, so I'll just try to post a link to the site where I found it. (Hope that is permissable.) Once on the site, just hover your mouse over the red Email to see the email address.

http://www.visitdenmark.com/international/en-gb/menu/turist/overnatning/hotellerkroer/produktside/gdk010222/copenhagen-marriott-hotel.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&CallerUrl=1

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks, the linked worked perfectly. I have booked marked it so if your post goes away..... We are booked there through Marriott Friends and Family (our sister-in-law works for them) and I need to ask them how many request forms they need. We have two rooms booked under our name, one for us and one for our friends. Don't know if we need a form for each room or just one for the reservation. Our price is the same as Pricelines.

We have 30 inches of snow so far. Not a record yet but almost. In the last 5 years we have had 39 inches total for all 5 years. Everyone is stunned by the total so far this year!!

<<<Karen>>>

Hello Karen

I know what you mean about looking like Syracuse!! We are getting snow here in Denver today but not anything like you have there. Our son lives near Philadelphia. He took our 18 month old grandaughter outside and all the snow there scared her!! :eek:

I wasn't sure if it would be against the rules to post the Copenhagen Marriott direct email address here, so I'll just try to post a link to the site where I found it. (Hope that is permissable.) Once on the site, just hover your mouse over the red Email to see the email address.

http://www.visitdenmark.com/international/en-gb/menu/turist/overnatning/hotellerkroer/produktside/gdk010222/copenhagen-marriott-hotel.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&CallerUrl=1

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the link. I sent an e-mail to them to get upgrade information to Executive level, but the reservations desk is closed until their business hours tomorrow. I hope for a favorable reply tomorrow.!

Thanks again. I love all of you CCers!

Thanks for the link. I sent an e-mail to them to get upgrade information to Executive level, but the reservations desk is closed until their business hours tomorrow. I hope for a favorable reply tomorrow.!

Thanks again. I love all of you CCers!

This morning, Ms. Judith Hojenski from the Copenhagen Marriott returned my e-mail asking about an upgrade to an Executive room. She quoted a 550 DKK (~$101) for the 'standard' Executive rooms. The 'Studio Corner' rooms and the 'Junior Suites' are about double and triple that upgrade cost.

All of these rooms get you the Executive Lounge access w/breakfast buffet, complimentary non-alcoholic drinks all day, and a complimentary cocktail hour with drinks and snacks in the evening. All of these also include a minibar and free internet access.

I'm going to go for it.

MGnut - Great News!! I was pretty sure they'd get back to you right away. That's the same quote we received and accepted. They then sent back a confirmation email. Then I double-checked on the main Marriott website with my orginal Priceline reservation number to make sure it was entered correctly. It was there. :)

MGnut - Great News!! I was pretty sure they'd get back to you right away. That's the same quote we received and accepted. They then sent back a confirmation email. Then I double-checked on the main Marriott website with my orginal Priceline reservation number to make sure it was entered correctly. It was there. :)

Thank you for pointing out the option. I think the extras will save us money overall. I'm now waiting for the confirmation email.

• 4 months later...
Thanks, the linked worked perfectly. I have booked marked it so if your post goes away..... We are booked there through Marriott Friends and Family (our sister-in-law works for them) and I need to ask them how many request forms they need. We have two rooms booked under our name, one for us and one for our friends. Don't know if we need a form for each room or just one for the reservation.

<<<Karen>>>

Did you ever get an answer for this? We are staying there shortly using the Friends and Family form, and we also have two rooms, but one form.

I just stayed at the Marriott June 27 after coming off the MSC Poesia which was docked at Freeport. We took a cab that Sunday morning from the Freeport terminal and it was only 150 DKK. I heard there was a shuttle but did not try to reserve it ahead of time for getting off the ship. The Marriott location is okay. It is near the train station and a few blocks to Tivoli and the square. From there it is not too far to the shopping areas. It is on the water but I did not see the canal tour area (though I was not looking for it since I had already done the tour from the New Harbor area before my cruise).

I got it on priceline for $105 but did not upgrade since I was leaving before breakfast anyway. We did eat at the Marriott and the food was good. The rooms were nice and spacious. There was a mini bar in the room. Our room had the Tivoli view.

I used Princeline last year for the Marriott in Copenhagen and paid 99.00. One there they tried to upsell for 20 more to a better room. Ours was just fine facing the water. Since the hotel is on the canal you can do the canal tour by walking out fro the lobby. The walk to the Trivoli Gardens is about 10-15 minutes. Nice location but this hotel is not next to anything. YOu will need to walk at least 15 minutes plus some. Easy and quick ride to the port.

Hi amybethchristiansen-

Just saw your post. Stayed there in June and it was very nice. If the two rooms are on one reservation you need just one form. They split the reservation so our friends paid for their room on their credit card. If you can do it, you might want to get an extra form just in case

<<<Karen>>>

Archived