How much is too much for bring soda(pop) on board?

REDWITCH13

I know this has been asked before. The problem is...with Carnival's NEW policy on what we can and cannot bring on board, I just don't know? :confused:

Has anyone cruised recently and how much did you carry on? Pop and wine.

In the past, we brought on 2- 8 packs of Pepsi each with us. There was no problem at all. We also had 1 bottle of wine each with us. Not in our actual carry on luggage, just in a bag. :)

Will this be okay in May. :confused:

Thank you for all replies

Darlene

I thought the only problem was that it said to carry on the wine, dont check it. And they only confiscated OPEN bottles of water that were no longer sealed (hmmm, they found out my smuggling method).

I guess you can thank the smugglers for the part about not having open bottles of water with you when you go thru the xray machine. Open one afterwards or use the drinking fountain.

Put your soda and water in something with a handle (dont slap a luggage tag on it) and you should be fine.

I thought the only problem was that it said to carry on the wine, dont check it. And they only confiscated OPEN bottles of water that were no longer sealed (hmmm, they found out my smuggling method).

I guess you can thank the smugglers for the part about not having open bottles of water with you when you go thru the xray machine. Open one afterwards or use the drinking fountain.

Put your soda and water in something with a handle (dont slap a luggage tag on it) and you should be fine.

The only thing that bothered me was, they threw away the UNOPEDED bottle of water! How is that smuggling? It wasn't anything bad, just water. :mad:

I will carry on our wine in a bag and have my 2- 8 packs of (pop) soda in with my wine...I sure hope this is ok???:confused:

Darlene

Too early to tell if there will be a better definition of allowed water and soda carried on or in checked luggage on your cruise in May. When rules change or a company decides to actually enforce rules they already had in place there are always a few over zealous employees that take things to the extremes as in not allowing an unopened water bottle. Normally things work themselves out over time and there is a lot of time between now and May. I suspect you'll be just fine with your plans but time will tell.:)

Yes, you are right, it is way too early to tell what might be going on in May.

I did ask our PVP from Carnival, Jenifer Gulick,(she is so great) how much can we carry on? She said the one bottle of wine and two 8 packs of pop per person will be fine. So, we will see what comes in late April?

Darlene :cool:

Yes, you are right, it is way too early to tell what might be going on in May.

I did ask our PVP from Carnival, Jenifer Gulick,(she is so great) how much can we carry on? She said the one bottle of wine and two 8 packs of pop per person will be fine. So, we will see what comes in late April?

Darlene :cool:

Do you (or anyone) get clarification about whether you have to carry-on the non-alcohilc beverages, or if you can still check them with your checked luggage? I know you have to carry on the wine now.

We usually have a duffel bag with pop, water, juice, that we put with our checked luggage because we like to board early and don't like lugging it around. Thanks...

There is just no way to tell how strict any given port is going to be.

There was just a post on another thread that a person's bottle of wine was confiscated in Miami even though her cruise docs clearly said that is was permissable.

It's just too much of a hassle in my oppinion.

I drink a TON of Soda, do you think they'll mind if I bring a 32 pack/case packed in a cooler with a handle? The cooler is under the size max allowed on CCL

fwiw I will be buying the soda card for both me and my GF so we don't have to go back to the room every time we want a soda,

I just also don't want to have to go out of the room everytime I want one

Its a 6night cruise btw

I drink a TON of Soda, do you think they'll mind if I bring a 32 pack/case packed in a cooler with a handle? The cooler is under the size max allowed on CCL

fwiw I will be buying the soda card for both me and my GF so we don't have to go back to the room every time we want a soda,

I just also don't want to have to go out of the room everytime I want one

Its a 6night cruise btw

I don't see how you can get that much in a 12X12 small cooler. :confused: I doubt you will have a problem bringing that amount on board. I just don't know if it has to be carried on now like the wine does, or if you can just put it in checked luggage, which is what we're always done.

Archived