interior (4H) or OV (6C)???? Please help!!!

Neuty

Hello all,

I originally booked an early saver rate on a category 4h (deck 10) cabin for 3 on the Valor. I have paid in full now, and have noticed that the rate for 4h has dropped 110 dollars/cabin. I have applied for obc. I am thinking that carnival wont honor my request, b/c there is only 1 cabin (already mine) in the 4h category that sleeps 3. Am i correct with my thinking? if so, i noticed that i can now get a category 6c (deck 2 midship) ocean view room for 12 dollars/cabin more than my original fare paid. I have never had an interior room, so i am a little worried about losing track of time. Would i be smarter to move 8 decks down to have a window? or should i stick with the deck 10 interior cabin and hope they honor the 110 obc?

thank you for your insight.

The interior was great for us, but for a couple of bucks more to have a bit of light, and going down decks is not an issue for me, as the lower you are and Mid ship the better the ride so to speak. If you have any thoughts of being sea sick lower is better.

Can you wait to see if they will give you the OBC. If so, do that, if denied asked for the upgrade...

Koval,

thank you for your quick response. my feelings are pretty much right on with yours. i figure if they offer the obc, i ll take it. otherwise, im leaning towards moving cabins. my only concern was moving down 8 decks. i guess my current cabin is considered "forward" right now, and moving down to deck 2 would put us "midship". Motion sickness has never been an issue for my wife and i (knock on wood) , but we are also taking my 2 year old on his first cruise. dont really want any problems for him.

thanks again.

Koval,

thank you for your quick response. my feelings are pretty much right on with yours. i figure if they offer the obc, i ll take it. otherwise, im leaning towards moving cabins. my only concern was moving down 8 decks. i guess my current cabin is considered "forward" right now, and moving down to deck 2 would put us "midship". Motion sickness has never been an issue for my wife and i (knock on wood) , but we are also taking my 2 year old on his first cruise. dont really want any problems for him.

thanks again.

DH was in the Navy 20 years, he always says, lower and mid.

But others like a view, but no view if you are in an interior anyway.

And the stairs will do you good for all the yummy food you will be eating...

yeah i figured that. the way i came up with the price difference was based on a cabin for 4 in the same cat. (4h) and just removed 1 of the 3rd/4th fare. price guarantee is almost non-existent for this cat (4h) with cabins of 3 or 4. only 1 cabin for 3 and 2 cabins for 4. ugh..

I am fine with inside DW prefers a window.

Depends upon the difference in price as to which way we go.

Even better when not much difference between window and balcony.

price difference between 4h and 6c = 12 dollars/cabin

price difference between 4h and bal guar. = 377 dollars/cabin

i guess there is a lot of ov (cat 6) and inside(cat 4) inventory left :(

We have been leaning toward the higher deck interiors lately. More convenient. Gave up our port hole cabins for the same price for convenience. My sister is on a cane, so its becoming a factor.

It is nice to be on Lido deck or near it where you can just run up and take a gander at the pool or food.

thank you all for your insight. it is a waiting game now. i am going to let carnival make the decision for us. If they honor the obc, we'll take it and stay on the inside. if not, we will move to the oceanview.

Neuty

:cool:

Archived