Snowed in and thinking of booking next cruise

dec2007w3boys

Dec--can't give advice on either ship, but just curious what part of Ohio you are in? I live near Dayton, and we had about a foot too. But with the drifting, some parts of my driveway that I had to shovel (snow was a "wet" snow and kept clogging the snowblower) was close to 3 feet :-0

My future in-laws are snowbound in Maryland with no power, but have a working Blackberry, and when my fiance talked to them earlier today, they asked us to look up cruise info for them...

Apparently this planning-a-cruise-while-snowbound thing is not uncommon. Good luck with your choice -- whatever it is, it will be warmer than Ohio is right now :).

Hello all - as I am snowed in at home in Ohio, I am thinking today would be a great day to book our next cruise. Leaving the kids at home so dh and I can celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this Dec.

Two questions:

1. Anyone else booking today? :)

2. Can anyone provide input on the two I have narrowed down to:

Carnival Freedom 8 day to: San Juan, St Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola and Nassau (have been on Freedom to Panama, Cozumel and Costa Rica - loved it)

or Carnival Miracle 8 day to: Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curacao (We have never been on a spirit class ship - only Conquest class(freedom, valor and liberty))

Help! The prices only about $30 different and both go out of FLL.

i would pick the miracle, but only bc im so over nassau, and now that we're snowed in... some 25 inches or so and snow drifts taller than my daughter. the thoughts of warmth, sand, and sun was too much to bear and we're totally booking tomorrow. would have been today, but my travel agent has no power, shes unfortunate to be on the jersey side of the border. we did the pride in december, and LOVED it. we've been talking about this summers' cruise and couldn't decide between the liberty, the valor, the legend, or the miracle, and decided to take the miracle out of ny in july for an 8 dayer so we didnt have to deal with flying over a holiday weekend. the best thing about the spirit class ships is there are no "dead ends" so you dont have to go up or down a flight of stairs or two to get from one side to the other, which i personally love.

I was on the Freedom its 1st season for a Med cruise and was on the Miracle last Dec. The Miracle was my 9th Carnival cruise, and was unlike any other ship I's been on before.

Miracle has one dining room, and the public rooms are spread out on several floors including a disco/lounge room on the Rivera deck.

I loved the piano bar on the Freedom but since it was a brand new ship Ron Pass was the player and he is amazing. On the Miracle the piano player seemed to be taking a break every other song therefore the room was pretty empty.

There are pro's and con's for both therefore if you like the price and the ports I am sure you will have a great time on either.

Well I am currently booked on the Freedom for the itinerary you want but am having to change it due to the economy, finances, bad luck. I am changing it to the Miracle March 2011 and the other itinerary you asked about. I think both would be great.

Did you know there is a CC Group going in March.

You should check it out, Great fun group already formed,

(The leaders are GREAT!)

I wanted to go, but already have a Family cruise going on a CC Group Cruise in Jan.

OP, I would go with the Miracle also, as the Itinerary is limited for those ports.

So why not get in on the fun of Aruba, before it is off the lists again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived