Snowed in and thinking of booking next cruise

dec2007w3boys

Hello all - as I am snowed in at home in Ohio, I am thinking today would be a great day to book our next cruise. Leaving the kids at home so dh and I can celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this Dec.

Two questions:

1. Anyone else booking today? :)

2. Can anyone provide input on the two I have narrowed down to:

Carnival Freedom 8 day to: San Juan, St Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola and Nassau (have been on Freedom to Panama, Cozumel and Costa Rica - loved it)

or Carnival Miracle 8 day to: Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curacao (We have never been on a spirit class ship - only Conquest class(freedom, valor and liberty))

Help! The prices only about $30 different and both go out of FLL.

I would book the Miracle. I have been wanting to do this itinerary, but the dates they have it available doesn't fit my schedule. I cruise in the summer and it is not available then. I would love to do a southern carribbean that doesn't leave from Puerto Rico. Also, I love Spirit class ships.

I'm thinking I am glad I am not getting on the Pride tomorrow in Baltimore. I hope everything works out for them. I agree with the ones that say either would be great - such a tough decision. The Freedom one actually dropped in prices, so now there is a $140 price difference - but something about the Miracle stops really appeals to me.

Hello all - as I am snowed in at home in Ohio, I am thinking today would be a great day to book our next cruise. Leaving the kids at home so dh and I can celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this Dec.

Two questions:

Carnival Freedom 8 day to: San Juan, St Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola and Nassau (have been on Freedom to Panama, Cozumel and Costa Rica - loved it)

or Carnival Miracle 8 day to: Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curacao (We have never been on a spirit class ship - only Conquest class(freedom, valor and liberty))

We have been on both ships and loved them both. Since we do not care for San Juan and Nassau, we would pick the Miracle. Actually we are looking at that itinerary on the Miracle for next January.:D We have been to the Dominican Republic but not on a cruise ship so I am not sure what excursions would be available there. Grand Turk is beautiful. We did a scuba excursion and the water is fantastic. The largest Margaritavill is on the island too. Haven't been to Curacao and Aruba and that is why we are looking at this cruise.

On the Freedom, we love St Thomas but haven't been to Antigua and Tortola. San Juan isn't that bad, just an awful lot of peple and traffic. We did a Segeway tour in SJ and had a blast going up to El Morro Fort.

One other thing, the Miracle is a smaller ship with less people and it is a little easier to navigate around the ship. On the other hand, the Freedom has Movies Under The Stars and the Miracle doesn't. You really can't go wrong with either choice, imho.:)

Our latest cruise is one that we booked when we were in the middle of a snowstorm and all had the swine flu. Its funny, we were debating between the Freedom and Miracle, too. :)

The Freedom won out because of price and itinerary. We're driving to Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday for our cruise on Saturday, but it seems the weather will not be cooperating as there is a snowstorm predicted for the first leg of our drive (from Chicago down to Atlanta). Wish us luck! ;)

I want to book our Miracle cruise today; however, prying the Playstation 3 away from husband (to help me decide on a cabin) right now is impossible...

We are definately snowed in...my husband shoveled out at 11pm last night, came in looking like a drowned rat, shoveled again this morning and then, with the snow still falling down so hard he just gave up. The railing around our porch is about 3ft high and you can barely see it.

I want to book our Miracle cruise today; however, prying the Playstation 3 away from husband (to help me decide on a cabin) right now is impossible...

We are definately snowed in...my husband shoveled out at 11pm last night, came in looking like a drowned rat, shoveled again this morning and then, with the snow still falling down so hard he just gave up. The railing around our porch is about 3ft high and you can barely see it.

I know what you mean about dh - mine was on the other computer and would just answer what ever.... Errrr.... I just think to book would make me feel warmer. We just received over a foot - so compared to what you are going through - not much at all. Good luck and be safe!!

Our latest cruise is one that we booked when we were in the middle of a snowstorm and all had the swine flu. Its funny, we were debating between the Freedom and Miracle, too. :)

The Freedom won out because of price and itinerary. We're driving to Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday for our cruise on Saturday, but it seems the weather will not be cooperating as there is a snowstorm predicted for the first leg of our drive (from Chicago down to Atlanta). Wish us luck! ;)

Good luck with the drive!! At least you are leaving yourself plenty of time - or so we hope with this crazy winter.:confused: Don't even get me started on the swine flu... I was just happy for my kids to get it 6 weeks before we left on our Nov cruise - no, not happy that they got it. But, that we didn't get in right before or on our trip. :rolleyes:

We have been on both ships and loved them both. Since we do not care for San Juan and Nassau, we would pick the Miracle. Actually we are looking at that itinerary on the Miracle for next January.:D We have been to the Dominican Republic but not on a cruise ship so I am not sure what excursions would be available there. Grand Turk is beautiful. We did a scuba excursion and the water is fantastic. The largest Margaritavill is on the island too. Haven't been to Curacao and Aruba and that is why we are looking at this cruise.

On the Freedom, we love St Thomas but haven't been to Antigua and Tortola. San Juan isn't that bad, just an awful lot of peple and traffic. We did a Segeway tour in SJ and had a blast going up to El Morro Fort.

One other thing, the Miracle is a smaller ship with less people and it is a little easier to navigate around the ship. On the other hand, the Freedom has Movies Under The Stars and the Miracle doesn't. You really can't go wrong with either choice, imho.:)

Decisions, decisions...

Two questions:

We are snowed in here in Indy and we booked today! Just do it! :D

I think all I can say to this is OMG! We had 25" of snow of Dec 23 a few years ago and I don't think it looked this bad on cars. Good luck!

I guess I shouldn't be complaining...because my car doesn't look like that over here. Although, we got A LOT of snow.

Archived