St Kitts wedding - HELP

HOFOhio

My fiance and I are ready to take a cruise (Celebrity Solstice) in early April that stops in St Kitts for part of a day and we're thinking of tying the knot then and there. I'm a bit confused by what the requirements for marriage are and I suspect that a wedding planner is in order. Some web sites suggest that a 2-day visit on St Kitts is needed to obtain the wedding licence, which would make this impractical. We'd really like a very simple, brief, non-religious ceremony (it'll be just the two of us) in a romantic setting. Is there anyone who has such an experience or knows of someone who has and can report on a credible, dependable, cost-effective wedding planner to handle our inquiry? The cruise line wedding options have too much ginger breading for our tastes; our phone calls and e-mails to Celebrity have not been responded to our satisfaction. Also, any suggestions as to a good romantic setting on St Kitts that we might consider? Has anyone done what we'd like to. HELP!

Dont know about having to be in St Kitts for 2 days. However, have you ever been to St Kitts? Have you read anything about St Kitts? I have been there twice and didnt care for it either time. Needless to say I would not want to be married there. Good Luck in your search for info though.

I don't believe St. Kitts will be a workable option for you, as one of the requirements to obtain a marriage license, is that you must be on the island for two full working days before the wedding. I don't know of any cruise that offers this.

I think you are going to have to choose another location, unless you want to get legally married at home before your cruise, and just find someone to perform a symbolic ceremony on St. Kitts.

Archived