cruiseline formal wear?

CHOOSE-2-CRUISE

Reserved a tux for both DH and DS. We were very pleased with them last year. It was much easier than packing one. Both tux's were in the room when we got there. Only I must have measured DH for the jacket wrong. It was too big and arms too long! However, immediately we notified our guy and within an hour DH had a new jacket that fit perfectly!

I've used them on 3 different cruises. Everything fit perfect. The only problem I found was that the fabric must have a bad reaction to the air in my cabin. For some reason, the pants seemed to be a little tighter by the time 2nd Formal Night Dinner rolled around. :D:eek:

DH always rents from them, and we've been very pleased. He is a large man, and he was concerned about the fit, but it's been fine. Minor issues like length of sleeves or hems can be handled onboard. Just be sure to try it on as soon as you can so they have time to fix any problems. On our last cruise he didn't get his jacket back until almost 4 pm of the first formal night, but we're quite sure that was due to our steward who was probably the worst one we've ever had.

I pack along my own but lots of people use them and you can't tell the rentals from the owned ones....except over the years perhaps the rented one fit a bit better.;) I purchased mine for two reasons, the first I am a big guy and worry a little about size and secondly we do enough cruising that my purchase has payed for itself more then twice over.

I've used them on 3 different cruises. Everything fit perfect. The only problem I found was that the fabric must have a bad reaction to the air in my cabin. For some reason, the pants seemed to be a little tighter by the time 2nd Formal Night Dinner rolled around. :D:eek:

I found out what causes this, if you leave the closet door open a crack so the light can get in it will stop this from happening. It's the dark that makes them shrink. Remember there are no calories on a cruise ship. Just don't eat on shore excursions or you will blow like a blimp.:D

DH has rented twice and we've been very happy with it both times. Like others have said, make sure you try EVERYTHING on as soon as it arrives (shirts too). Both times we've had to have the pant length and jacket sleeves altered, but it's been easily done onboard.

A big bonus to the rentals is being able to rent the dress shoes as well, which DH said were very comfortable. Men's shoes can add a lot of weight to luggage, so this was a no brainer to rent along with the tux.

Cindy

Does anyone know what the cost is? Tks.

These are the latest prices that have been posted:

Classic Black Tuxedo……..$92.00

White Dinner Jacket……….$95.00

Black & White Combo…….$130.00

(2) coats with package

Black Formal Shoes……….$15.00

Ralph Lauren Vest Set…….$25.00

Classic Paisley Vest Set……$22.00

Suspenders…………………$6.00

Rental prices include: coat, pants,

Two shirts, black cummerbund,

bow tie and cufflinks.

Hi all, I have just ordered two tuxedos from a company called 'cruiseline formal wear', have you had any experience with this company? are they ok???

should be fine with the company as long as you remember to stay 'in' the suit while roaming the halls. LOL ;)

sorry! couldn't resist!

Archived