Sailing Out of Mobile Questions

Bandit

Would like to hear from those of you who have sailed out of Mobile. How was:

Boarding - Fast, slow, or other?

VIP Boarding - How long did it take to get through this line?

Luggage - How long did it take to get your luggage?

Disembarkation - How was immigration/customs? Were they slow and did they nit pick?

I love sailing out of Mobile. Did so on the Holiday, but she was a much smaller vessel and had less passengers. I was wondering if they (the cruise line and the people who run the terminal) have made any changes to any of the above procedures due to the increase of passengers.

I have VIP boarding, but doubt that I will be boarding any earlier than anyone else as I'm on the first sailing of the Elation out of Mobile. She is not due to dock until noon on the day of sailing and she has passengers to discharge from her Panama Canal repositioning cruise. Then of course the Fantasy will have arrived at the same pier that morning to discharge her 2500 plus passengers before she heads to Savannah. So she has to be out of the pier before the Elation can dock.

Sounds like it is going to be a wild day at the Mobile Cruise Terminal. Long lines and short tempers. I'm really not looking forward to the boarding. AM looking forward to a 7 day cruise on the Elation. I was originally booked on the Fantasy. Sailed on her out of New Orleans before she was up graded. Hearing some good things about the Elation. I'm just so happy that Mobile finally has a larger ship. Not complaining. Just stating some facts.

So if anyone can answer some of my questions I would appreciate your input.

Bandit

I've been out of Mobile twice, both times on the Holiday. It was the easiest, friendliest port we've been to. Lines moved quickly (can't comment on VIP, yet!).

We had our luggage early in the afternoon on both cruises. Pretty much same as all cruises we've been on.

Disembarkation: Make sure you get a porter, he will get you through customs quicker - they have places to line up for porters, you don't have to just grab one on the fly like other ports.

Enjoy ....

After sailing on the Holiday five times, we took the first sailing on the Fantasy from Mobile. Other than being delayed a day due to Ida, things went smoothly. We arrived at the pier at 10:45 and the ship was still in the turning basin, so we had to wait across from the cruise terminal until the ship finally docked at about 11:20. We were allowed to start dropping off our check in luggage at about 11:40 and as we are also Platinum, we were processed and on board at about 12:40. Debarkation was delayed by fog, so although we were among the first off the ship, it was about 9:30; no problems with customs, very fast and efficient. Hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks for your early reply to my questions. I'm so looking forward to the Elation and understand that changes do not come with some unexpected side effects. So, what ever it takes I will hang in there.

I know it is going to be a fantastic cruise. Just sailing from Mobile is great in its self.

Anyone else have any commits just chime in.

Bandit

Archived