Summit cc cabin help

princesspie

Help! Having second thoughts on CC 9116 due to veranda overhang and noise. Booked on Bermuda cruise for this summer. I may have just read too many postings re: Sky Deck cabins or maybe I've been spoiled by last 2 Celebrity cruises on Solstice & Equinox!

As we only booked last week all the "better CC cabins listed in earlier posts are all gone. Definitely want a CC cabin and other than Sky Deck the only CC's available are on Vista Deck. (7) Looking at CC - 7182 or 7184 in particular. Anybody out there that can shed any thoughts, opinions or help on cabins, would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

We have been on the 7th, 8th and 9th floors and have never had a noise problem. The overhang protects you from the sun and rain..if I want sun I go up to the top of the ship to soak in the rays. You will have some sun at some point during the day depending on which direction you are sailing.

It is hard to tell from the diagram, but are the Aft balconies tiered on the Summit? Are they all open except for the top deck, or do they all have some overhang and protection from sun/rain/and privacy? Are the aft balconies a few square feet deeper the lower you go? Hard for me to tell but it looks that way. Any suggestions as to which deck would have the deepest balcony with an overhang and the most privacy? Or would you recommend a CC1 category on the sides near Aft over the Aft balconies? We like the view of the wake but do not like open balconies without any privacy. Any info will be most appreciated.

We had 7192 on the Summit in December and loved it. There's protection from the sun/rain and a decent size balcony and room. The concierge class cabins are bigger on the M class ships. I would not hesitate to book on this deck. It is also very close to the elevators and stairs. Being near the aft of the ship, you are also just a short walk down the stairs to dinner.

All the aft cabins are highly coveted on the M class ships. As an example one cruiser had 7212 and said the balcony was 15 ft wide and 20 ft long (deep) and they had 20 people out there. Here's a link to a thread with a picture. There is an overhang for protection and privacy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1133620&highlight=7212

Just returned from the Summit on Saturday and had cc class cabin 9160. It is at the aft of the ship with a larger veranda, about 18ft by 10 ft. It has an overhang that is fairly new. (I had this cabin on the Infinity in 2005 and it didn't have the overhang) It provides more privacy and still a great deal. If you want alot of sun, it does restrict it but I would definately get it again for the larger balcony (2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs!)

We've had Cc rooms on the Summit on the 9th floor. The overhang didn't bother us at all - I actually preferred the shade andprotection from rain.

Yes we could hear a little noise early in the morning from people running above or moving furniture. It was not very loud and not too bothersome. It was noticeable enough that if all other things were equal we would prefer a room on a lower deck but not bothersome enough that we'd pass, or take a lesser room, if a similar room wasn't available on the 6th to 8th floor.

For example on our next cruise we have an aft CC room on 9 which we eagerly took over a non-aft CC room on another floor.

The aft facing CC rooms are the same size as other CC rooms inside (except for the accessible cabins which are larger) but have a huge veranda that is roughly 15 feet long. The veranda has portions that are part covered with a steel ceiling, part covered with a canvas tarp and part open to the sky.

Archived