Senior rates...not on every sailing ?

Joie

Wonder why they are not offered on all sailings.....don't you think they should be?

Senior 55+ rates (and Past Guest and Residency and Military) are only offered some of the time when required to boost lagging bookings. ken

I was wondering....just booked our second cruise last week - and tho we were a past cruiser and one of us is over 55, the rate did not change. Next time I'll do more searching. But, hey! it's still all wonderful.;)

And even if you book and it is not offered does not mean that those pricing codes will not pop up later down the road. It pays to keep an eye on your sailing for lower fares you MAY qualify for should they pop their head up and then hide in a moments notice if you don't act quickly on them.....

For the sake of an potential argument/discussion/disagreement, I will not even offer opinion if they should offer a SR. fare on all sailings !

Whenever I've seen them, the senior and resident rates are the same and they are usually better than past guest rates. They are not available on all sailings and usually show up closer to the sail date.

Yeppers... and when they pop up AFTER final payment date (which is not uncommon !).... you are not eligible for those OBC's UNLESS booking under the "Early Saver" pricing codes and their restrictions.

I don't know about all the cruises but having been following mine carefully, I find that special rates appear and disappear all the time. Sometimes several times during the course of a single day. Resident and senior rates are usually the same and often cheaper than repeat guest rates, but not always. I am no longer convinced that they are just to boost sales, although that would make sense. They seem almost random, which of course makes no sense. But check the rates 6 or 7 times in a day and see if you find different offers coming and going. Maybe they have worked out that us old folks tend to check rates in the morning and past guests from 1-2 in the afternoon and again at 8-8:10 at night- something like that must be behind it.

The only place I have been able to look at them all is on VTG. Then pick what ship month/week to go.

thanx, i do check there, sometimes though don't see military listed & then i call carnival & they have some cabins in different categories though odd:confused:

All special rates are capacity controled. It helps to call a PVP directly and ask them if you gualify for any of the current specials. Many times they are not advertised to the general public.

I did that before our Jan, cruise on the Sensation, and got the price lowered--- all they can say is no :)

Archived