water taxi to atlantis

Missmypomswhencruising

when you get off the ship, where do you go to catch the water taxi to the atlantis, and how much is it, and how often do they come and go?

Thanks!

When you exit the port, just go to the right.

Along the wharf, you'll hear the captains and crew hawking "ferry boat to Paradise Island" They will be lined up there at the wharf.

They leave every 30 minutes from 9am - 6pm. Not necessarly on the 1/2 hour, but 30 minutes from the time the last boat left the dock.

They then have 30 minutes to get as many people on board as they can, up to the allotted maximum per port authority.

The Cost is $3pp and takes about 12-15 minutes depending on the current.

Most have a tour guide, an extra $1 in his hat as a tip is expected.

Why do you feel the land taxi was safer than the water taxi?

OK here goes,

1 - it is on LAND

2 - it's not crowded

3 - it does not sink.

4 - they deliver you to the front door so no walking

5 - no chance of getting run over (see 4)

I have done the water taxi (and might do it again), in fact I just rode over and then got on another and rode back...nice little ride BUT they do crowd people on, it can get FULL and I've seen them where the water was not far from the edge...

I agree. Land taxi is much quicker and better. Water taxi has also broken down on occassion and you are stranded for a while. There is also a long walk from the water taxi landing to the front door of Atlantis - Atlantis is huge and you will be doing plenty of walking. Land taxi will drop you off right in front.

I agree. Land taxi is much quicker and better. Water taxi has also broken down on occassion and you are stranded for a while. There is also a long walk from the water taxi landing to the front door of Atlantis - Atlantis is huge and you will be doing plenty of walking. Land taxi will drop you off right in front.

There are nearly 20 boats in rotation. is one is broken another takes it's place. They leave every 30 minutes..

The walk to the Coral Towers entrance is 5-6 minutes. Unless you're handicap it's an easy stroll thru Marina Village to the entrance.

This walk is the least of your troubles at Atlantis.. which is 164 acres.. hard to imagine the extra 200 meters will make a big difference in your day.

There are nearly 20 boats in rotation. is one is broken another takes it's place. They leave every 30 minutes..

The walk to the Coral Towers entrance is 5-6 minutes. Unless you're handicap it's an easy stroll thru Marina Village to the entrance.

This walk is the least of your troubles at Atlantis.. which is 164 acres.. hard to imagine the extra 200 meters will make a big difference in your day.

I'm not saying it would, but if the question is why is a land taxi better, drop at door service would be one of the benefits. I have stayed at Atlantis for a week and have done all the walking, just trying to give a little insight of what to expect.

I'm not saying it would, but if the question is why is a land taxi better, drop at door service would be one of the benefits. I have stayed at Atlantis for a week and have done all the walking, just trying to give a little insight of what to expect.

I get it..

but on the other hand, Door to door service from the Port to Atlantis would make it seem like you never stopped in the bahamas. Atlantis may as well be in anywhere the sun shines. Even New jersey.

At least with the ferry you get a little tour of the harbour.

I get it..

but on the other hand, Door to door service from the Port to Atlantis would make it seem like you never stopped in the bahamas. Atlantis may as well be in anywhere the sun shines. Even New jersey.

At least with the ferry you get a little tour of the harbour.

I agree. I love the ferry ride over and the guides that give a little history. For $3 you can't beat it. I never miss the boat, so to speak.;)

On our most recent trip to Nassau, we took the water taxi to Atlantis for the adventure and we took the regular taxi back to port for the convenience. They are about the same price so it just depends on what you want.

I have to admit that on the water taxi, I was planning the best way to get off the boat if it sank. :) But I've had much scarier rides in regular taxis and I didn't have the option of jumping out. Last year in Nassau, one of our taxi drivers was driving about 1 foot away from the jitney in front of us. Yikes!

I'd do the water taxi again if I wasn't in a hurry. But next time I'd try to get closer to the tour guide so I could hear what he was saying better.

Hey folks, maybe a stupid question, but my wife and I have never traveled to the Bahamas before. Do the taxi drivers accept US dollars, or do I need to change out to their local currency first? Thanks in advance!

The exchange rate is one dollar for one bahamian dollar.... but everywhere accepts them equally (well maybe they like US dollars a bit more).

We've taken a taxi to Atlantis before and last month we took the water taxi. I wasn't very happy to be the first ones on the water taxi and have to wait for over a half an hour for the boat to fill up, all the while the engine was running and we were choking on diesel exhaust fumes! Then once we got to Paradise Island we didn't have a clue how to get to the front door of the Atlantis...and we had been there before. It was a little confusing and we had to ask a couple of locals for directions.

Archived