Sent letter to president, no reply

elou

In December, while on ship, girl from spa gave me reflexology. My feet swelled for about 5 days. Tried to resolve this on ship, but to no avail. Wrote the President of Princess in mid-December. No reply. Would you again mail this to the President or send to Customer Relations? I just wanted them to take off price from bill, but NO. Everyone passed the buck. Would be nice to at least get I'm Sorry. Any ideas? I have dates and names of personnel.

Sorry to hear you had a problem, but I have to agree. Swelling of feet and ankles onboard a ship from salty foods and drinks can do that to many people that haven't even been to the spa.

Addressing a letter to the President, did you honestly think it would actually go to the President of the cruise line? Afraid not, it went to some customer service reps desk that probably figured the same thing, that it was not caused by the spa. Which actually is almost like a shore excursion, as Steiner's is it's own little business onboard the ship.

Unless there is some proof that this was caused by the spa, afraid you have no leg to stand on (no pun intended) since this happens to so many people onboard ships. Did you go to the medical clinic and get checked out there so they could determine that it was actually the treatment at the spa that caused the problem? If not, again, there is no real proof to this claim.

Again, sorry you had this problem, but I would not think they would give you a refund or even an apology for swollen feet onboard a cruise. Hope things got better as the days went on.

When I was a TA, Princess was the most difficult to deal with passenger complaints and problems like yours.

It appears that they still are .

Letters to the President for something like this , will be ignored.

Should have started with Customer Relations immediatly after cruise.

Your TA can be of some help with a agency cover letter.

I have to say, that over the years we have had a few legitimate problems with our Princess cruises. Even though we use a great TA, I have always taken it upon myself to write a letter to Princess (again, if there was a legitimate complaint only). I have always gotten a response, and complete satisfaction from princess customer service and never had any complaint whatsoever on how they handled the situation.

But this is a problem that can not be proven. It is a complaint that is just that, a complaint, but no medical evidence to prove it was the fault of Stieners. If the OP tried to take care of this onboard, and could not convince them that the treatment was the cause, how in the world could they prove it once home and the swelling was totally gone? Impossible. Many complain about spa treatments after they get the bill, and the cruise line is used to this. If the OP would have gone to the medical center and had documented proof this was caused by a spa treatment, it would have been taken care of right on the ship, and there would have not been a need to follow up after returning home. They would have had documented proof of the problem. But the way it is now, it is just a passenger 'claiming' that the spa treatment caused this, and that is just their opinion. IMHO of course!

The spas aboard Princess ships are run by Steiner, so they should have at least referred you to them to address your problems. Princess has nothing to do with it whatsoever, and I'm not certain that they can even reverse the charges without input from Steiner. The sales agents in the call centers do have Steiner's phone number that they can give to you.

I am not saying I don't believe you but I am very familiar with Reflexology and I have never heard of it causing your feet to swell. I have used it for years and I myself have never seen or heard of any side effects other then being a little more thirsty to help release all the toxins from your body. I think you should see a physician in case you might have a medical problem that caused your feet to swell. I do think you would find several women on a cruise ship complaining of swollen feet which is caused by sitting or standing too long, foods loaded with sodium that you may not eat at home, and an increase in alcohol that causes the body to swell.

I think you might be wasting your time writing Princess and requesting a refund. You would need to prove that they intentional harmed your body and I don't see that happening. If they refunded you for your Reflexology they may also be admitting fault and I'm sure their legal department won't allow that either.

I would focus your attention on seeing a physician to make sure you are healthy.

Many suffer swollen feet/ankles on a cruise.....

The President of any major company doesn't respond personally. The complaint is moved downline to the department who handles it...

Save time by dealing with customer service.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no relationship between your treatment and you feet/legs swelling. It goes with the high sodium content of the cruise food, any alcohol, more inactivity. Best thing you can do on cruise is drink lots of water, elevate your feet when inactive, take walks, and decrease the sodium if you can.

The harm would have to be intentional???:confused:

If they gave you credit it would be admitting they were wrong???:confused:

There are some strange ideas of the law on this thread, but I must admit that I agree with the majority sentiment that the swollen feet were, in all probability, not due to the reflexology. IMO, anyway.

Bill

I have taken several land based holidays over the years where I have drank too much alcohol and eaten food that I don't normally, and I have even had refelxology on one such holiday in the Bahamas (which I thought was fantastic :)). However, the only time I have ever noticed or remembered having swollen feet/ankles was during my first cruise last year! I really noticed it as I had some strappy sandals that all of a sudden would not do up on the "normal" hole! So I would agree with the majority and think that the probable cause of your discomfort was not the treatment you had at the spa. :eek: If I were you, I would chill out, forget about it and move on ;)

Wonder if I can get my money back from Princess because they cause my feet and ankles to swell everytime I cruise. I know it HAS to be their fault because of the food they feed me, barometric pressure, alcohol that I consume, and the sitting around I do on sea days. It has to be their fault...who else's?:D

To answer part of what I think was your original question - no mailing it again to either the President or Customer Relations probably will do you no good. As others have said, a letter sent to the President would have been passed along to the CR department already. Your kind of letter sometimes takes between 6 to 8 weeks to generate a response. Additionally, as you've already been told, the Spa service is held by Steiner and Princess's letter to you would only be to inform you that they have passed your complaint along to them. Assuming (eke that word) they do just that you should get a response letter from Steiner. Will they refund your money??? Probably not, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Years ago on the Coral I had problems with the Spa staff and the use of the Thermal Spa. It was the second sailing of the Coral and the spa staff just didn't have their act together. I wrote Princess and they sent me a letter saying they were forwarding mine on to Steiner. Almost immediatly I got a letter from Steiner along with a hefty gift certificate for product purchase and a catalogue. Since my complaint had nothing to do with money spent, just ill mannered personel, it was far more than the apology I was hoping to get.

And for what it's worth both my and my DH's feet swell when we cruise too. We've just learned to live with it and pack shoes accordingly.

As a medical person I have documented to them some info. I've been on over 40 cruises, live in Florida (with heat and humidity), must watch my salt intake and have never had this problem. As the girl was giving reflexology on the top part of the foot, she bore down very hard on the vein areas causing much pain. I could barely walk back to my room with this pain. As for going to the doctor, I knew the cause and did not feel it was worth my paying for this, as I felt they should. My princess insurance takes MONTHS to repay back. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I never realized to get in touch with Steiner.

O.K. who do I hold liable for the over whelming happiness I have when I'm on the ship :eek:. I want their address and phone number immediately:D

You have heard of the rare disease you can contract on the cruise ship "Cruise Fever". It is incurable and the only treatment is to cruise as much as you can, to ease the symptoms :D

Thank Godness, I'm getting treatment in July, the symptoms have been horrible.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no relationship between your treatment and you feet/legs swelling. It goes with the high sodium content of the cruise food, any alcohol, more inactivity. Best thing you can do on cruise is drink lots of water, elevate your feet when inactive, take walks, and decrease the sodium if you can.

OK I tend to agree with the high sodium and decrease in passenger's movement. I can understand that after such a short cruise that it's only the feet and ankles...you should see what it does to the rest of the body after a 30 day voyage :eek: .

Ciao for now!!!

When I was a TA, Princess was the most difficult to deal with passenger complaints and problems like yours.

It appears that they still are .

Letters to the President for something like this , will be ignored.

Should have started with Customer Relations immediatly after cruise.

Your TA can be of some help with a agency cover letter.

Agree with you, as I've had similar experiences as a former TA. Steiner spa services seemed to be the biggest issue, next to non- delivery of pre-ordered gift items or bottles of warm champagne left on the bed. I've had a couple of problems with Steiner myself, and got no help from the very snooty and rude 20-something girls there. Princess only contracts with Steiner, though, and is not responsible for them. Why Princess continues to use Steiner, I don't know. I had to send an agency letter twice, even after contacting our agency rep. Did get results, though.

Archived