Confused: PV Sealife Park, Splash Park and AquaVentures. All the same place?

Twinswithtwins

Help needed. I'm confused about these (this) water park in Puerto Vallarta. I thought that Sealife Park turned into AquaVentures not too long ago. Now this new park sounds like the same as AquaVentures. Even some of the photos are the same. I'll be with my 16 year old twins and our exchange student on the Splendor over Spring Break. Has anyone been to this(these) Water Parks? How far from the cruise dock by taxi? Safe for the teens by themselves? Ideally, I'd like to drop them off at the park :o then continue by taxi to a close beach. Then I would taxi back to pick them up before going back to the ship. Possible?

Help needed. I'm confused about these (this) water park in Puerto Vallarta. I thought that Sealife Park turned into AquaVentures not too long ago. Now this new park sounds like the same as AquaVentures. Even some of the photos are the same. I'll be with my 16 year old twins and our exchange student on the Splendor over Spring Break. Has anyone been to this(these) Water Parks? How far from the cruise dock by taxi? Safe for the teens by themselves? Ideally, I'd like to drop them off at the park :o then continue by taxi to a close beach. Then I would taxi back to pick them up before going back to the ship. Possible?

Plain jane Splash water park added a dolphin center to compete with Vallarta Adventures and changed their name to Sea Life park. At some point, Dolphin Discovery took over the place. I suspect the "Sea Life Park" name didn't draw people to the water park portion of the facility. They have recently changed the name to AquaVentures in an effort to bring in people for both their dolphin attraction as well as the water park.

So, to answer your question, yes ... they are one and the same.

I'm not sure how to answer your question about safety. I think it is a safe family entertainment environment. I'm not sure I would travel to a foreign country and leave three unsupervised teens at a facility I had never been to before. You know your kids better than any of us. I just don't know if I could do it.

Travel time from the port to AquaVenture is roughly 20-25 minutes. Reference this map- http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html Find the Marine Terminal (port) at the bottom of the map. Move one map up and find the OXXO gas station on the lower portion of the map. AquaVenture is just to the right of the OXXO station.

Now that you have dropped the kids off at the water park, where are you planning to go?

Archived