Port of Miami and checked liquor and wine

one time i smuggled a whole keg of old english on board. they even gave me a a big ice tub and tap. true story!

Oh c'mon now .... would you really have us believe that Old English is sold in kegs? I mean, the deposit would cost more than the malt liquor inside. :D

just off the valor out of miami, left 2/7, back 2/14

carried on 2 bottles of wine, no problem (one each person)

2 large rum runners----no problem

3 small rum runners----no problem

2 six packs of miller lite 16oz plastic bottles in original packing---NO PROBLEM

i took a picture of the whole stash with my capers for all the doubters

TDDpQRxD5T825cFjxexULRXHeelM7ad_.jpg

Just when I decided to leave the rum runners at home....

Wonder what the confiscation rate is?

I carry a large insulated mug to fill up with ice tea while i'm eating. those tiny cups they provide barely hold 3 oz once you put ice in them.

i have been known to carry that mug full of bloody mary mix and vodka :rolleyes: too.

as far as the liquor being siezed for safety, i don't buy that. because they will continue to serve intoxicated people. it's all about the dollar.

i am glad to hear a report from the frontline...booze is still getting onboard! there is still hope! lol. because when my rumrunners are confiscated, i'll probably be on my last CCL cruise.

Sometimes I'm absolutely amazed at my own dazzling brilliance!!! What an IDEA I just had!!:rolleyes:

This is it.:p

Instead of returning the confiscated sealed booze caught in the heightened smuggling sweep. They should just bring it aboard and stock it at the bars and sell it by the shot. That will certainly help keep the booze prices down.

Brilliant!!:D:D

The used iron store probably won't work out.

Wondering if any rum runners have been taken. They say they give back anything sealed but has anyone had their rr's taken and not given back?

I do not think they are going to consider rum runners sealed. Anything that has been opened is no longer sealed.

There's really no such thing as an "unsealed" (as in no lid) container to hold booze.

The thing is that they have to find your rum runners first!

ok maybe not the proper thread but I am a smuggler virgin so where/how exactly do I hide them? I saw something on a thread about a leather boot?!!

We would tell you but you would need rubber gloves.:eek::D

People have put the booze inside an old boot and packed it thinking the xray would see the boot and not the booze.

Steve

ok maybe not the proper thread but I am a smuggler virgin so where/how exactly do I hide them? I saw something on a thread about a leather boot?!!

I suppose putting RR's in a leather boot, shoe, or sneaker might help make them less noticeable on the x-rays.

Of course if you don't have very big feet, you'll have to use the 16 oz runners so that they fit in the shoe. :D

Sometimes I'm absolutely amazed at my own dazzling brilliance!!! What an IDEA I just had!!:rolleyes:

This is it.:p

Instead of returning the confiscated sealed booze caught in the heightened smuggling sweep. They should just bring it aboard and stock it at the bars and sell it by the shot. That will certainly help keep the booze prices down.

Brilliant!!:D:D

The used iron store probably won't work out.

That actually isn't a bad idea for the cruiseline. I have to admit it is pretty generous of them to give the alcohol back.

Though I imagine if they started this cruisers wouldn't risk the expensive stuff and the ships would be stocked high on Ron Rico and the like. :(

I've asked this question before, but never received an answer. We leave in 11 days, so can someone please shed some light?

Why are Rum Runners any less noticeable than putting liquor in an empty plastic water bottle? Or buying alcohol sold in a plastic bottle? Wouldn't they all show up on x-ray if the machine is able to detect liquid in a plastic container?

Thanks!

Protect your boxed wines~LOL! When I did the "Behind the Fun" tour on the Spirit they took us through where all the beer, alcohol & wine are kept. Guess what the house wines are?? Boxed Franzia wine LOL!! You can buy it for $9-12 a box and were paying them $6 plus a glass.. Nice profit for Carnival:eek:

We would tell you but you would need rubber gloves.:eek::D

Steve

EWW! Funny I actually watched a show called 1,000 ways to die and one of them was to take alcohol...well through another hole. Has to do with the rate the alcohol enters your blood stream. So dont try it...

think maybe i'll stick to the boot. ;)

I've asked this question before, but never received an answer. We leave in 11 days, so can someone please shed some light?

Why are Rum Runners any less noticeable than putting liquor in an empty plastic water bottle? Or buying alcohol sold in a plastic bottle? Wouldn't they all show up on x-ray if the machine is able to detect liquid in a plastic container?

Thanks!

Good question...I did just read that someone came through Galveston with a plastic vodka bottle in the middle of the suitcase wrapped in clothes. No problem...I think it's a game of odds. However, you just dont hear about people getting caught with rum runners but you do with bottles. maybe the shape itself is the issue.

Thanks!

I believe it is the shape of the plastic bottles themselves - they know right away that it's a liquor bottle. But then again, I'm sure they know what shape a rum runner is too, so I'm not quite sure what the difference is.

Good question...I did just read that someone came through Galveston with a plastic vodka bottle in the middle of the suitcase wrapped in clothes. No problem...I think it's a game of odds. However' date=' you just dont hear about people getting caught with rum runners but you do with bottles. maybe the shape itself is the issue.[/quote']

I just don't understand what the difference would be between a plastic Rum Runner and a plastic bottle. Are they going to inspect every suitcase with liquid in it? Just about every suitcase is going to contain some liquids. And a bottle could contain anything from mouthwash to contact lens solution.

I believe it is the shape of the plastic bottles themselves - they know right away that it's a liquor bottle. But then again, I'm sure they know what shape a rum runner is too, so I'm not quite sure what the difference is.

I thought the same thing - they know about Rum Runners and so a "blob" would be suspicious, too. Hmmmm....

I just don't understand what the difference would be between a plastic Rum Runner and a plastic bottle. Are they going to inspect every suitcase with liquid in it? Just about every suitcase is going to contain some liquids. And a bottle could contain anything from mouthwash to contact lens solution.

Personally, we have open bottles all the time in our luggage. Years ago we bought from Magellans a set with travel size bottles for our liquids. We usually fill them with 4 oz of shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, cough medicine, lotion, sunscreen etc instead of bring full bottles of these things. Besides not having all that weight in our suitcase, we know we will use about 4 oz in the 10 days we are gone. "Travel bottles" are expensive and have limited variety. I am not talking about smuggling booze, and I would certainly raise a fuss about loosing all our private toiletries for the length of the cruise. That is why we lock our luggage. If there is any question, we will come to the naughty room, open the bottles and hope that the moran who flagged it can tell the difference between booze and shampoo. We have NEVER had our Magellan travel bottles questioned. Personally I think these threads serve the purpose that Carnival wishes to have them serve. Beef up the security, crack down, make an example of several people who will come back and post on the boards about the seizures of everything from contact solution to perfume. There will always be people who bring booze on board, and smuggle things in. We work in a maximum security prison where there is intense security....do you know how much gets smuggled in? Plenty, as evidence by the amount of contraband found and hundreds of inmates who test positive for illegal drugs. The fear factor caused by these threads will stop some people from bring booze on board. For Carnival, cruise critic boards serve the purpose to spread the word.

Scare tactics fed through the media have been around since false messengers were sent by horseback with the sole purpose of being intercepted, and scaring the masses to be compliant. Obviously they now just use the CC message boards.

Archived