Hotels in Venice before cruise

famousn

Any suggestions for hotels in Venice for 2 nights before cruise in July? Is location important ? In other words, we will have 2 large suitcases. Should we stay in an area with easy transportation to the cruise ship? Resonalbly priced hotels ? Any suggestions and advice will be welcomed.

Be sure to search this forum and tripadvisor, I found both places extremely helpful. I just booked our Venice hotel the other day after a great deal of research. We have booked the Antiche Figure which is close to the train station since we will take the train in from Rome. It gets wonderful reviews and is moderately priced. I was hoping to go for a cheap price :eek: but also wanted canal views, great ratings and great location - nothing like wanting it all for nothing!!!

It also helps to look at the locations of each hotel on the map, it will show you how close you are to different points of interest, rail stations, airport, cruise port, etc. Most times this information is either on the hotel's website or on the tripadvisor review page.

Archived