Pre-Cruise Beauty Routine

DoggieDash84

Mani, pedi (I keep my finger nails super short, so I just get a oil & buff, french on the toes

Eyebrow wax (& I dye them my self- darn those grey hairs!)

Hair trim 2 weeks ahead

Try & spray tan the legs, but I'm so white they always look diseased:confused:

Hi~ Just jumping in here...re: brazilian waxes are usually done in a salon/spa and if the waxer doesn't use a numbing spray prior to the hair removal it does hurt a tad but a good, experienced person does it fast and it is over quick.... : )

I bought a gift card a few days ago at work for a Spa. It was $40 and included:

Shampoo, Cut & Style ( I will use this 2 weeks before I cruise)

Mani and Pedi ( I will get this done the weekend before I cruise)

30 minute Massage (I am using this for my birthday next month)

Facial (might not use - since the last time I got one my skin reacted very badly)

So thats pretty much my pre - cruise beauty routine. I will color my own hair (as usual) and the spa offers 25% off other services and I might get my eye brows/lips done.

• 1 month later...

ahhhh... the things i do to be beautiful LOL

mani and pedi the day before

brazilian wax two days before

hair cut or trimming my bangs two weeks before

tanning the entire month before (i am pasty white and will horrifically burn if i don't lol)

and usually when i drop off my check at the bank i pass several stores with really cute shoes.... and the rest is history.

mani & pedi (french for my upcoming cruise)

brazilian wax (and yes, of course it hurts, but as McCutie said, a professional does it quick! I don't mind them one bit)

upper lip wax

that's really it for my beauty routine. My hair is simple, straight and long. I don't get it cut often. I just do different styles for dinners.

and of course I will include SHOPPING! Shoes and clothes and hopefully a new bikini :D

I will shave my legs and underarms. I also will get one of those home wax kits and do my lips and eyebrows. I will get a mani and Pedi on board ship as I want to splurge and relax on board. The prices where I live in AK are comparable to ship prices from reading the spa service menu lol.

I am pretty low maitence. I dont pack much and am a light packer. I will fly down the day before my cruise and I know the morning of my cruise. I will jump up, shower and be ready to go go go. I will have everything ready to go and be ready to get on board and start my first cruise :).

Adri :)

Living in sub-tropical paradise is like being on a semi-vacation all the time. So toes are almost always pedi'd (by me to avoid risk of infection), hair is colored by me at home every 8-12 wks and cut by a pro at about the same intervals. I routinely shop for warm weather clothing, always with an eye to what would also be good for cruises - both for daytime and for evening. Several months out from the cruise, I start making lists of the clothes for DH and me to pack - based upon the climate of the cruise and the colors we want to use as core of the ensembles. Then, for fun, I just look to pick up a few new pieces for each of us for each cruise. No hassles - just fun.

Archived