Carnival insurance missing anything?

freefallen

Hihi, I finally booked my first cruise!! (Thanks Cruise Critic!! :D)

So with a surprising and lovely resident rate, two of my friends and I are cruising for around $320/each.

Now about travel insurance. We're all young graduate students on the university insurance. I did a search of the forum but most are questions that include family or older people which pointed to a third-party insurer.

The $49 from Carnival's insurance plan seems pretty ok. I checked InsureMyTrip.com but beside the TruTravel SuperSaver, all the package options are significantly more expensive.

Advice? It seems okay to go with Carnival's insurance but I just wanted to make sure it didn't miss anything substantial. Thanks!

There are always more options with insurance, you just have to decide what is important to your. For instance there is cancel for any reason, which costs more and probably covers on average about 75% of the cost. .. Carnival insurance has specific reasons for coverage, you cant cancel because you broke up with your significant other (as someone on another thread).

Hihi, I finally booked my first cruise!! (Thanks Cruise Critic!! :D)

So with a surprising and lovely resident rate, two of my friends and I are cruising for around $320/each.

Now about travel insurance. We're all young graduate students on the university insurance. I did a search of the forum but most are questions that include family or older people which pointed to a third-party insurer.

The $49 from Carnival's insurance plan seems pretty ok. I checked InsureMyTrip.com but beside the TruTravel SuperSaver, all the package options are significantly more expensive.

Advice? It seems okay to go with Carnival's insurance but I just wanted to make sure it didn't miss anything substantial. Thanks!

If you are graduate-student age, then ANY of the 3rd party Policies that are equivalent to Carnival's should me much less expensive than Carnival's.

The Carnival Berkely Policy offers low Medical coverage, marginal MedEvac coverage and no "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" (but DOES offer Future Cruise CREDIT if your claim is denied as due to Pre-Existing Condition) and now includes cancellation coverage for Hurricane Warning, and cancellation coverage for Job Layoff. If you cancel your Cruise before final Payment the Carnival Policy premium is refundable. Carnival and Berkely both CLAIM that the Policy also covers your independently purchased AirFare. The Carnival Policy is less expensive than the 3rd party policies if you're in the 70’s, as Age is not factored into the Premium as it is with 3rd Party Policies.

checkout TravelEx Basic and TravelInsured Lite as similar plans, checkout TravelInsured TripProtector and AIG TravelGuard Premier Protect as better coverage for same money. ken

Archived