Getting off the boat at port?

Chadzbrew

I know passengers that have HAL excusions and passengers in suites have priority getting off of the ship in port. We are planning all excursions through independent vendors and also not in a suite. When can we plan on being off of the ship in St. John? Tortola? HMC? Nassau? I know it depends on how fast customs can clear the ship however was wanting some roundabout times?

I should think that you could be off within an hour and a half or so after the ship is secured to the dock. Perhaps earlier. My experience has been that the ship is usually cleared for all passengers within that time frame.

Chadzbrew,

You only have to clear immigration when coming from a forgein port to a US port, this includes US territory PRico, US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. John).

Tortola is BVI, and Nassau and HMC are also forgein ports.

More than likely you will have to clear immigration in St.Thomas. Most of the time the ship is cleared in about an hour, and sometimes they allow you to leave before the entire ships clears. They give you a card, showing you have been through immigration and you can leave the ship. Occasionally there can be a hold up.

The US Immigration official boards the ship in St Thomas and all passengers go down to a room (can't remember the name) and have their passport inspected and stamped. No biggie except you have to have it done around 7am. Regarding the BVI you will have an immigration form delivered to your stateroom...just fill it in and return it to the front desk. :)

Archived