Question about luggage lock

kris12

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered, I haven't seen it anywhere. I usually use one of the plastic ties to lock my luggage. If they wanted to open my suitcase would they simply snip the plastic tie or would they bring me to where ever they take you and make me open it in front of security? Or would that be one of those decisions that is likely to change ship to ship?

They have only been calling people who the xray shows they might be trying to smuggle, so unless you are smuggling you have nothing to worry about.

If you are worried about your hooch ... its possible they call you down, but still kinda of unlikely in most ports .. at least so far.

They wouldnt just cut the ties without calling you down.

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered, I haven't seen it anywhere. I usually use one of the plastic ties to lock my luggage. If they wanted to open my suitcase would they simply snip the plastic tie or would they bring me to where ever they take you and make me open it in front of security? Or would that be one of those decisions that is likely to change ship to ship?

To be safe, I would pick up a lock if you're concerned about it. Technically a zip tie meets the definition of a lock, but I do not believe most would consider it a lock.

Archived