Chumley Bear Cruise Nov 2010

garyinftl

Ummm Brian, It was the Bahama's that Rosies R Family Vacation encountered the protests. Saw the Doc on HBO on the whole cruise. As for the kissing incident-arrest, He (one person) was never arrested. told/requested/admonished/ordered.. whatever, by an off duty Police Officer to stop, that his kissing in public was against the law. According to the victim's account he then kissed his partner again. The Officer took him to the Police station, where he was spoken to by an on duty Officer and then released without being arrested. Subsequently received an apology from the Dept of Tourism. It'll be good to see you again ! Catch Ya on board for a drink !! ;)

well I know that cruise was protested in bahamas but thought I remembered it also in Caymen.....And still...the dude was taken into custody for kissing.... may have been released but still....makes me think twice about going on the island. I know its safe...in my youth I was there many times..but just becauses it ticks me off..LOL

LOL.. Definitely always one saved for you Cruise!! Think I'm going to stay low key in Cozumel, done pretty much everthing there, unless of course I end up at Senior Frogs. Maybe shopping on GC, or at least a walkabout, not really into shopping... Looked at the cruise line offerings for Roatan just to get a feel for what might be there. Looks like beach, monkeys and the sky lift are the big attractions. Also checked CC section on Port's of Call. Thinking about doing the resort day pass thing. One place I looked at takes you to and from the ship. Beach, pool, kayack, snorkel gear, chair, lounger, use of facilities and free drink. Got pretty good reviews. Another was organized by a tour company, that has a presence on several of the islands/ports, they don't mention which resort but the packages are identical. The only thing is that you got to book it and pay in advance before you leave. Also passes are limited. The ship's offerings were beach, kyack, snorkel gear, transportation for more $$. So working on finding out more details and seeing how many of our group of 8 or so might be interested. Ever try to get a commitment out of 8 guys??...LOL.. Oh, wrong forum for that ! Did I mention free drink included !!

hi guys, my partner and me (I'm American, he's German) live overseas in Dublin Ireland. I really miss Ft. Lauderdale was there as a kid for some years and my American homies :) I want to go on the Chumley cruise. My partner thinks the ship will move around too much and make him sick, he wants to go to Gran Canaria. I think both are great options but can only do one. Plus I think Gran Canaria sounds kind of just more of the same, please he loves bears, i love cubs. Can anyone help steer us in the right direction? Thanks. I am leaving my email so people can contact directly, is that allowed? jamesmannheim@yahoo.com

Wes & Hans

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I just signed up for the cruise. This will be our first bear cruise and our first cruise ever. Hope to meet some great people and make some new friend. Looking forward to meeting all of you in a couple of months.

Welcome aboard guys! this is my third year and its always a blast.

Brian

Hi all so we decided we want the cruise. I booked the airfare today and we fly into ft. lauderdale on the 1st of November and am leaving on the 15th. I still need to buy the cruise tickets but was told I am safe to leave it a couple of weeks.

Anyone know where to stay as in a gay b&b or gay hotel? Where are people staying? I heard some bad reviews from Schuberts on trip advisor so hope people aren't going there. Is it all that bad?

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Wes & Hans

jamesmannheim@yahoo.com

Hi all so we decided we want the cruise. I booked the airfare today and we fly into ft. lauderdale on the 1st of November and am leaving on the 15th. I still need to buy the cruise tickets but was told I am safe to leave it a couple of weeks.

Anyone know where to stay as in a gay b&b or gay hotel? Where are people staying? I heard some bad reviews from Schuberts on trip advisor so hope people aren't going there. Is it all that bad?

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Wes & Hans

jamesmannheim@yahoo.com

Pre cruise the Schubert is completely sold out and had stopped the waiting list since the waiting list was 2 to 3 times the amount of rooms available. I believe some are staying at the Coconut Cove or some such. but once you book, if you book through the group, you will recieve an invite to the yahoo group and you can post the question there.

Welcome aboard!

Roatan is a small port and not very well developed... there is some shopping but it can all be done in an hour or so.... I'm definitely doing the group excrusion here or maybe scuba diving IF i feel comfortable about it.

As for the rest not sure... Cozumel will probably be my shopping day. Still not sure how I feel about Grand Caymen, I know their stance on homosexuality has softened but still remember them as antigay so not sure if I will get off the ship or not..... its a battle I'm fighting to decide.

Dev and I are staying on board at Grand Cayman.

I am sure I must sound to be the most indecisive person on here. So anyways, I did book the flight from the 1st to 15th from Dublin to Ft. Lauderdale. We did book a room at the lovely Cabanas resort. The reviews were amazing. We could possibly use a roommate to share expenses if anyone interested but we can get by even without-depends how cute he is and if he likes daddy bears. :)

The complicated part...I am buying one ticket for a room on the cruise this Thursday (which i think is charged at 1 1/2 times the normal rate) so we can definitely have a room. Then in two weeks time I will pay the difference so I can join my partner on the cruise-complicated huh?

And they say those with an annual income of 250,000 aren't rich-wish I was so lucky. LOL

Wes & Hans

Hi the main reason for my post. I would like to join guys for any sorts of hiking, snorkeling/diving, kayaking. I do not have any certification in any of these so am not sure if I will be allowed to do any diving, even if supervised but would love to see the coral. Is anyone else doing this and, if so, do you need/want more guys? I would love to do this and would commit to these activities if anyone wants more participants.

Regards,

Wes

p.s. partner Hans likes hikes but not the other stuff, he gets dizzy easy.

Pre cruise the Schubert is completely sold out and had stopped the waiting list since the waiting list was 2 to 3 times the amount of rooms available. I believe some are staying at the Coconut Cove or some such. but once you book, if you book through the group, you will recieve an invite to the yahoo group and you can post the question there.

Welcome aboard!

Hi thanks for your advice. Once I get the tickets sorted this week for the cruise will we have any difficulty joining for the group activities at the Schubert since we are not staying there? I do not know if they have passes or anything. Thanks.

jamesmannheim@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would drop in and introduce myself. Debbie from Canada. My husband and I will be joining you on the Crown Princess. The roll call for this cruise is very quiet :( and quite frankly you all look like lots more fun. So...hi...see you on the ship. The aft pool is one of my favourite places on the ship so I am sure to meet some of your group there. Hope there will be lots of tuxes on formal night because I convinced my husband to wear his.

Happy cruising!

Dancermom

Howdy Dancermom!!

You know, I looked for a roll call for this cruise a while back and didn't find one. I'll look again to read up on you guys! If you're hanging by the aft pool chances are you'll meet 400 or so of us at one point or another LOL. But we're friendly fellas...a bit silly at times but friendly! Historically only about 1/3 of the group wear tuxes...another 1/3 wear suits and the final 1/3 well...they do the buffet on formal nights. Personally I haven't decided yet...on one hand a suit is pretty easy...on the other you gotta love a fella a tux.

So welcome and I know we all can't wait to get on the Crown!

Brian

I have just gotten to know bears although not one myself. Love the lack of attitude and friendliness. Actually did a river tubing float outside of Gainesville Fl and had a blast. I think one of these bear cruises should be in my future.

Guess its time to look into Chumleys program a bit closer.

Hope you all have a great cruise......!

Tom

I have just gotten to know bears although not one myself. Love the lack of attitude and friendliness. Actually did a river tubing float outside of Gainesville Fl and had a blast. I think one of these bear cruises should be in my future.

Guess its time to look into Chumleys program a bit closer.

Hope you all have a great cruise......!

Tom

Well, come onboard Olympic, no time like the present!

Brian

Wish I could but I will be disembarking the Pride of America in Hawaii (RSVP cruise) on Nov 6th.

I looked over the Chumley web site and using the e-mail address provided ...tried to send an inquiry e-mail. But the message never went through.

Do you know if the cruises are always the beginning of November?

Is there one planned for 2011?

I cant imagine the passenger reaction to a large group of bears in the ships pool. Are they accepting? Just the visual would shatter some stereo type images I woud think....all for the good.

But this is not the thread to ask questions. Iwill start a new thread later today.

Thanks

Yes, the cruises are always at the end of oct/beginning of november or they have been for the last several years. Yea, might be hard to make it fron hawaii to FLL on the same day LOL.

I'd say in the past its been very accepting.....sort of a live/let live thing... except some of the braver ones and come back and made friends. There's always a few women onboard who feel comfortable with the bears because they know they are perfectly safe and can read and relax without all the hassel..... There was one older lady last year, always had this big red hat with her that partied it up with the bears...she was by the pool and the disco with us, it was a blast.

Brian

Edited by bbenson

Greetings..

This is the latest we have booked a cruise, it was meant to be. We have seen this cruise before but not sure we could make it and then everything just fell into place.

We have sailed with Aquafest and Pied Piper, so we love being with a group on a big ship.

See everyone soon...

Roy and Harold

Atlanta

Howdy Roy and Harold. Welcome aboard...did you book through the group or directly with princess? If you're through the group then you should check out the yahoo group to get all the information you've missed on excursions parties pre and post hotels etc. If you booked directly well, we're glad to have ya onboard anyway and look forward to seeing yall out by the pool!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...