jd watersports in puntarenas

eandme

I am interested in finding out if anyone has used this tour company ( JD Watersports) and how it was. We are thinking of doing the combination jungle river cruise/rainforest hike. I see that they charge extra for transfers from the pier. Fees for this? Were the guides pretty good, lunch decent, transfer smooth, back to ship in time? This will be our first time through the Panama Canal and want to get the most from it. The ship's tours (HAL) don't look that exciting for the $.

We did not use JD on our Panama Canal cruise. But all the shore excursions we saw (including ours) was at least an hour ride out to the jungle. I can understand why they would charge to get you at the port. We did a canopy tour. It was $85 per person including transportation and lunch. Other things I found to run similar.

Vikkigarcia........How long did the canopy tour last? I emailed but never received and answer, so I called and talk with a lady......very hard to understand (I'm sure I was too, being from the south,LOL) I didn't ask her this question but she gave me a different email address to send....said she never received the other.

eandme,

I am also interested in getting information on JD Watersports. We will be in Puntarenas

on 3/20 on Celebrity's Infinity. I called the 800 number for JD and talked to a very helpful lady. She is putting together a quote for me on both the river cruise alone and the combined rainforest/river cruise. Will post again when I hear from her.

Am still interested in getting opinions from anyone who has used JD Watersports.

JD Watersports -- We have never used them, but are also interested -- we will be on the April 22 Summit cruise and would like the jungle river cruise from these folks. I see the price of $49 but it does not include transport. I understand that the roads here are very bad and we risk having car break downs. Does anyone recommend going with the ship's tour for this reason?

Arleen

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the roads are pretty bad. Will attach photo of average sized road pothole. We didn't take ship's tour though and had no problem getting back in time. I guess it depends on the quality of the transport you have - our bus was very good and we had no problem. The drivers just drive all over the road to avoid the worst potholes (not too fast though - at least not compared with Asia:) )

road.jpg.9d8c7903b36d15d17da3c13558f6460a.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

I see these are older posts, but in case anyone is looking now: JD Watersports no longer offers (at least) the river cruise / Carara NP tour to cruise passengers. They refer you to the ship's shore excursion desk due to contractual obligations. I continue my eternal search for the small, independent operator with a heart of gold...

Archived