Forward cabins

lawyerrose

Am I the only one who loves bow cabins? I almost never hear forward cabins talked about as desirable, but I love the sound the ship makes cutting through the water when I'm in those forward balcony cabins, and I love the motion!!:)

You go out on the balcony and feel the wind in your face and all the rest of the ship is behind you! I even like the fact that it forces me to do a little more walking; Lord knows I need it by the end of a cruise! :rolleyes:

Does everybody else feel like getting stuck with a bow cabin is the booby prize, or do some others out there enjoy them like I do??

Hi,

We had the balcony cabin #7207 right under the bridge on the Glory. Right where the searchlight is placed. The only "bad" thing was that it interfered with sunset pictures from my balcony! I loved being as far forward as possible!

I also loved the aft wrap-around balcony on the Conquest! So, either the bow or the stern is fine with me! I do love the large balcony on the aft wrap-around!

We just got off the Liberty on the 6th, we had room 7204, loved it, another couple was cruising with us, their 1`st cruise and they also were up front 7203, they also loved it. We've only had inside rooms, so when our pvp suggested an inside with a view, he had some explaining to do. It was nice to be able to have that window and the secret balcony.

Am I the only one who loves bow cabins? I almost never hear forward cabins talked about as desirable, but I love the sound the ship makes cutting through the water when I'm in those forward balcony cabins, and I love the motion!!:)

You go out on the balcony and feel the wind in your face and all the rest of the ship is behind you! I even like the fact that it forces me to do a little more walking; Lord knows I need it by the end of a cruise! :rolleyes:

Does everybody else feel like getting stuck with a bow cabin is the booby prize, or do some others out there enjoy them like I do??

I've been in a forward facing balcony and have three balconies on the bow booked (one is actually the most forward balcony, though it is still side facing.

Here is my forward facing balcony ...

IMG_4703.jpg

Jade-PC1.jpg

Hi,

We had the balcony cabin #7207 right under the bridge on the Glory. Right where the searchlight is placed. The only "bad" thing was that it interfered with sunset pictures from my balcony! I loved being as far forward as possible!

I also loved the aft wrap-around balcony on the Conquest! So, either the bow or the stern is fine with me! I do love the large balcony on the aft wrap-around!

You got it! Last cruise had a huge wrap around balcony aft. Wasn't sure I'd like it, but I agree with you: front or back is for me. Leave the middle to the ones who don't like to rock and roll! :D

Not at all are you the only one. My first choice is always 1As/Porthole cabins as far forward as I can get. I made the mistake last cruise of trying a different cat (aft O/V) of cabin. Very bad mistake. It is back to the bow for me.

We just got off the Liberty on the 6th, we had room 7204, loved it, another couple was cruising with us, their 1`st cruise and they also were up front 7203, they also loved it. We've only had inside rooms, so when our pvp suggested an inside with a view, he had some explaining to do. It was nice to be able to have that window and the secret balcony.

i'm sailing on Liberty April 3 2010 ..on the Lido deck (inside cabin) forward . I noticed that the cabins you are talking about are still availabe.I was worried about hearing the doors to the "secret balcony" would be loud . Did you hear these doors shutting when ppl went in and out?

Not at all are you the only one. My first choice is always 1As/Porthole cabins as far forward as I can get. I made the mistake last cruise of trying a different cat (aft O/V) of cabin. Very bad mistake. It is back to the bow for me.

I'm with y'all, too. I like the far-forward cabins. Have had several in that 1A category...with the portholes. Love it! Another thing is that, since I'm usually a solo cruiser, the $$ is right.

Never felt any more motion, heard more noise, whatever than in other cabins. Will continue trying to book those cabins.

That is what we chose :D

i'm sailing on Liberty April 3 2010 ..on the Lido deck (inside cabin) forward . I noticed that the cabins you are talking about are still availabe.I was worried about hearing the doors to the "secret balcony" would be loud . Did you hear these doors shutting when ppl went in and out?

We were one room in, the 2 outside are HC, yes you can hear the doors, but you are not to go out from sunset to sunrise, so no problem. I am a very light sleeper, so I was more upset with our neighbors letting there room doors slam shut. We would book these type of rooms again.

We sailed in the V 3 cabin on the Fascination..and I loved it. Yes, it rocks and rolls, but I just laughed and let it lull me to sleep. I loved the easy access to the observation deck from our hall-- also loved how quiet and almost empty our hall always was

It is nice to hear some feedback on these rooms. We are looking at booking one on the Freedom on the Lido deck (9201 I think). Has anyone been in this room?

Some of these bow cabins look small...I know the neighbouring HC cabins are larger.

We love the idea of being on a high floor with daylight for cheaper than an OV on the bottom deck. I'm surprised that they don't seem to sell out faster.

I have wondered if there was a downside though, so this information is helpful.

Those forward cabins are the reason we will not book a guarentee cabin. No matter how smooth the seas are it is the one place that we always feel the motion and it is NOT a good feeling for us. DH can feel a bit of the motion other places at times but for me I am never bothered by motion in any other location on the ship even in some pretty rough seas. Even though its not the place for us I'm glad its fine for you. It just shows that we are all a bit different when it comes to motion and the effect it has on us.:)

We are booked on the Liberty with 2 cabins.....8203 and 8207 looks like they are right behind the bridge.....Hmmmm....not sure we will be able to see much. Never been that far forward.....anyone been by the bridge and what did you think?

Our first cruise was mid ship oceanview loved it (empress deck) , the second one was an unobstructed view balcony up front and we loved it. Wind was great, loved the motion of the ship, we could watch the activity on the deck, just a few doors down from the landing on the front ( or secret deck? some have talked about) super views pulling into port. Our next trip we will have the extended balcony on the aft right above the lido on one side and our friends will have the same room on the other side... We can not wait. We have picked all of our rooms specifically and we are becoming balcony snobs regardless of location as long as it is an unobstructed view.

On the Liberty rooms 7203 and 7204 we could feel a little rocking but liked that at night for a good night sleep. Other couples 1st cruise and they liked the room also. None of us had any problems with sea sickness.

• 1 year later...

Archived