Is ship full?

debster818

I get that when I'm trying to book for more people than the rooms available can hold. I don't have it down to a science though, that's for sure. I'm not positive, but I think the only rooms that can hold 5 are suites. If that's correct and you're looking for an OV but have 5 people, I think you'll get an error message.

I get that when I'm trying to book for more people than the rooms available can hold. I don't have it down to a science though, that's for sure. I'm not positive, but I think the only rooms that can hold 5 are suites. If that's correct and you're looking for an OV but have 5 people, I think you'll get an error message.

lol your premise is wrong. Only ships built before year 2000 hold 5 to regular cabins. There are a couple of exceptions, the family OV on Dream and one suite on only one ship that is special.

OP since you didnt give us any information, what ship and date, no one can look it up, all they can do is guess why you are having trouble. What category and how many people?

lol your premise is wrong. Only ships built before year 2000 hold 5 to regular cabins. There are a couple of exceptions, the family OV on Dream and one suite on only one ship that is special.

How is my premise wrong when I said that most rooms don't accommodate 5? It is my understanding that most rooms are built for quad occupancy at most with the exception of suites.

How is my premise wrong when I said that most rooms don't accommodate 5? It is my understanding that most rooms are built for quad occupancy at most with the exception of suites.

What you said is you believe suites hold 5. If a inside does not hold 5, then neither will a suite.

Has nothing to do with what category the cabin is. It has to do with the age of the ship, the older ones were grandfathered in.

What you said is you believe suites hold 5. If a inside does not hold 5, then neither will a suite.

Has nothing to do with what category the cabin is. It has to do with the age of the ship, the older ones were grandfathered in.

Why is it when booking online with each ship I've tried that I can pick a date, change the number of passengers to 5, and the price comes up in suite but all the rest are no longer available?

For example, I tried the Nov 20th sailing on the Liberty (2005) and it gave me the option of putting 5 people into a suite on the Lido at a rate of $2759 with guests 3,4,5 at $479.

Why is it when booking online with each ship I've tried that I can pick a date, change the number of passengers to 5, and the price comes up in suite but all the rest are no longer available?

For example, I tried the Nov 20th sailing on the Liberty (2005) and it gave me the option of putting 5 people into a suite on the Lido at a rate of $2759 with guests 3,4,5 at $479.

As I mentioned above, there are TWO exceptions. There are family OVs on Dream (2 I think) and ONE suite ...that one (at $6500 for the family) .. vs. a regular suite which starts at $1089 for pax 1 and 2. .. .

There is only one ... on that one ship. Its called the Captain's Suite. Its not a regular suite, much better and its only one that one ship.

Those cabins are the only exceptions as I noted when I posted the info in the beginning. One cabin on the Liberty and those on the Dream.

No other new ships have cabins holding 5, no other suites .. just that one.

ok...sure thing. I guess I'm good at finding the exceptions then.

Try looking at other Conquest class ships ... there are no other ships with a Captains suite like that.

Prove it to yourself, as I obviously cant prove it to you.

Didnt you think the price was a bit odd?? even more than the old category 12 suites?? Which are the highest suites on most conquest class ships.

Try looking at other Conquest class ships ... there are no other ships with a Captains suite like that.

Prove it to yourself, as I obviously cant prove it to you.

Didnt you think the price was a bit odd?? even more than the old category 12 suites?? Which are the highest suites on most conquest class ships.

I agreed with you. :rolleyes:

OP since you didnt give us any information, what ship and date, no one can look it up, all they can do is guess why you are having trouble. What category and how many people?

Back to my original question.....is the ship full? I put in for 2 people only.

We are still clueless what ship, date, category you are looking at ... at least you gave us one of our four things we need to look?? sorry. People are not ignoring you, just dont know enough to answer your question.

I just tried again to look and the same messages come up. How did you find out about the 6 cabins available? I do have an account and I am booked on this cruise....checking to see if there is availability for anothe couple.

Deb - Just for fun, log-in to carnival.com using Username and Password, the do a log-out. When you re-visit there should be no welcome or recognition info across the top. I went to Destinations/Ships in the top border, then Itineraries then to your sailing date and was able to see the Balconies (for 2 Passengers) ???

and/or just go to one of the large on-line Travel sites and check your cruise.

ken

I just tried again to look and the same messages come up. How did you find out about the 6 cabins available? I do have an account and I am booked on this cruise....checking to see if there is availability for anothe couple.

Did you make sure you are logged out?? If you are logged in and try to see your own cruise, I often get errors, so I have to log out and start again.

Im also get verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow page loading today on Carnival. Took me 10 minutes to get to the deck plans of Pride to answer a question on CC this morning. time after time hitting refresh.

Archived