Help Please? (Is this a good 'shut your face' offer?)

lizzytobias

So, I just checked my rate and it went down $30pp. I called and they said they could upgrade up from int. to oceanview for $40 (total) but take us down from Verandah to Main. I can't even figure in my head if this is a good deal. =/

I would take the upgrade for $40. Which Category are they offering

to upgrade you to? I spent 16 days on the Dream in the Cat that had

2 port holes on Riviera. I liked that cabin. I would of rather had an

outside in the center of the ship with the large square portholes. But

it was a cost factor for me. In my opinion, natural light is always

better than a dark inside.

Ask yourself this:

Will I spend the $60 on DOD's? It sounds to me like in reality, you will spend 100 to move from Verandah interior, to Main exterior..cuz you will lose the $60 credit, and still have to cough up another $40...am I right?

Verandah deck is a nice location.. quick jump up to Lido and the pool/buffet area. I think it's totally up to you.

Verandah deck is a nice location.. quick jump up to Lido and the pool/buffet area. I think it's totally up to you.

This is precisely my issue. Yes, it is an inside room, but it is such a great locale. However, I believe OV might be slightly bigger...

This is precisely my issue. Yes, it is an inside room, but it is such a great locale. However, I believe OV might be slightly bigger...

unfortunately the IS's and OV's are both 185 sq ft on the Glory.

You will get daylight in your room though.

Me I always book insides anymore unless a great deal shows up. I prefer $$$ to daylight.:D

Bill

This is simply incorrect. Inside & Balcony are 185 sq ft, Oceanview are 220.

But is bigger BETTER? We always sail inside because it is less expensive. I was happy for the Verandah location (as highest I had been before was Upper), but if the OV is better, I am not opposed. Just unsure.

=(

But is bigger BETTER?=(

Not necessarily. Oceanview though, does have a sofa, which we have come to like.

Other advantage to the OV room, is you are lower and center. Less motion (if that is important to you).

Not necessarily. Oceanview though, does have a sofa, which we have come to like.

Other advantage to the OV room, is you are lower and center. Less motion (if that is important to you).

Your BBM BC is distracting me LMAO

We have four, so it would be one child on the couch, one on the bunk. The space may help, but my thought was that if we need stuff, it is farther to get there (one of my peeves on previous voyages)

Personally, I love the ocean view. We can't book balconies as we have four young children and my husband is paranoid they'll go overboard. I told him only if we pick them up and throw them, but he doesn't believe me LOL I was going with an interior deck 10 on NCL, but I canceled it today and booked 2 more oceanviews (1 OV and one port hole) on Carnival instead. With the little ones we do try to save money, but there is nothing like looking out your window in the morning and seeing the ocean. I love it. I'd love it more on a balcony, but it will likely be another 10 years before I can convince my husband it is safe. I'd do the upgrade.

Thats a great price for an upgrade. You can have a larger room with a view and also the sofa to use which makes the room feel even a little larger. The location is not a big deal for us as a little walking is good after large meals. Also it is closer and easier to get off the ship for shore excursions from the main deck. We would take it and who knows if there is another price drop the next location is a balcony cabin.

Thats a great price for an upgrade. You can have a larger room with a view and also the sofa to use which makes the room feel even a little larger. The location is not a big deal for us as a little walking is good after large meals. Also it is closer and easier to get off the ship for shore excursions from the main deck. We would take it and who knows if there is another price drop the next location is a balcony cabin.

Hadn't thought of your last two points, but they make sense. I am calling Perpetua ;)

We have four, so it would be one child on the couch, one on the bunk. The space may help, but my thought was that if we need stuff, it is farther to get there (one of my peeves on previous voyages)

My suggestion is that if you do go OV, try to book close to the atrium elevators. It makes getting anywhere easier, with 3(or is it 4) extra elevators.

Also, you get extra storage under the sofa.

So, I just checked my rate and it went down $30pp. I called and they said they could upgrade up from int. to oceanview for $40 (total) but take us down from Verandah to Main. I can't even figure in my head if this is a good deal. =/

UPDATE: Booked it, and now the rate has returned to what it was before! LOL So I think I got a good deal and am looking forward to waking up with the ocean out my WINDOW! =-):o

Thank you all for the advice!

UPDATE: Booked it, and now the rate has returned to what it was before! LOL So I think I got a good deal and am looking forward to waking up with the ocean out my WINDOW! =-):o

Thank you all for the advice!

You will love the room. When walking the ship, take a peek in an interior (like the first day when heading to your room...many doors will be open. You'll see the difference rapidly between the two)

I have very mixed feelings about my trip on Glory. The gist of it was we had a room with an airconditioning problem. The problem was ignored for 1/2 the cruise, and then after no sleep (and a very grumpy 3 year old) and countless trips to the pursers desk, we got attention and got moved...over top of the Piano bar (where sleep was near impossible due to LOUD noise). When I did research - I found this was a recurring problem in sections of Glory. Carnival responded to a letter with compensation and an apology, which resolved my grievance.

Do not worry about experiencing these issues - I believe she has been in drydock since then, and its been a while since we've heard others having AC issues on glory.

Go planning you will have an INCREDIBLE TIME...and you will! Your kids will LOVE sitting in the window. (Heck...even my wife loved it)

you are correct. The OV's on the Glory are in fact 220 sq. ft.

I checked that gnome site before posting. Unfortunately their info was erroneous.

My apologies for the erroneous inf.:o

Bill

Bill - don't know if you are still following this thread, but wanted to apologize. Looking at my response, seemed a bit rude (which was not intended). Sometimes short responses on a small cell phone keyboard, doesn't always come across as intended. SORRY!

We have VERY similar situations. My family is cruising on the same day on the Valor in an interior stateroom on deck Ten (4h i think). Our cruise has been paid in full for a month now. I noticed our ES rate dropped 40 dollars per person last week, so i put in a request. After 3 or 4 days, i hadnt heard a response so i decided to call. After dealing with a Carn rep for quite sometime, he came back on the line and told me that ES fares were the lowest possible; so therefore dont expect a fare reduction. He suggested i book a cat 6b (deck 2 forward) for only 44 dollars extra for the entire cabin. I told him i would talk with the wife and call in the morning.

During the night, low and behold i get an email from who else..... Carnival. Stating that my request had been approved, and we recieved our 160 OBC. I would suggest if you cant get OBC, take the minimal upgrade. That is exactly what i was going to do; unitl of course i got the email.

Happy cruising... 36 more days :)

Archived