Soda Card and Bartenders

Uconnfan

I'm a soda drinker. Drinking alcohol in the hot sun, makes me drunk in a hurry. I've read on the boards that the bartenders don't like the soda cards because not getting tips.

Any comments on this?

I have not had any problems...most of the bar tenders tend to be nice about it. You do see the odd one who doesn't like the world unless it's spitting gold at him/her.

Not something you should concern yourself with...you pay a "tip' when you buy the soda package...if they are rude about it, find someone else to get your soda...they DO get "tipped" for doing no more than pulling a handle on a fountain!

I'm a soda drinker. Drinking alcohol in the hot sun, makes me drunk in a hurry. I've read on the boards that the bartenders don't like the soda cards because not getting tips.

Any comments on this?

Personally, in my experience, I've never had a problem when using the soda card. No bartender has ever ignored me or spit in my drink or anything like that because he saw that I had the soda card. I always go up to the bar and have them fill my "bottle" rather than having them bring it to me at my chair--maybe this makes a difference? I think if you're nice about it and not demanding, like with anything, you'll be fine.

Besides, it's their job to fill your drink. I paid for the card. Why shouldn't they serve me just like everyone else?

Archived