Does anyone know....?

angiebabes

Hello Angiebabes,

Have you had these eyelashes done before? If you've got a local salon that you've used at home I think I would have them done before I went. If you go somewhere new there is always the risk of an allergic reaction if they use different products.

My daughter tinted my eyelashes for me before our cruise and I took my heated eyelash curlers with me, this gave a really good effect. If you use clear mascara it helps to "set" the curl for the day without the risk of black smudges on the beach after swimming.

Hope this helps.

Carol x

My friend had some semi-permanent eyelashes fitted at Christmas. If these are the ones you are thinking of then I would advise caution.

Initially they looked fantastic and I was all for getting some myself, but after a few days they started to drop out, and she was left with 'gaps'. This looked really odd and I couldn't understand why she just didn't remove then all to make them look better BUT she said that they wouldn't come out. The adhesive was that strong she had to wait for them to come loose themselves.

Believe me, after a few days it was NOT a good look!

I have just started wearing 'falsies' on a special night out, and although they were fiddly the first few times I tried them, they do get quite easy to put on and do make a HUGE difference.

I even wore ones with diamantes on my RCI formal night and they looked fab!

Give them a go - usually cost about £4-£7 a set from Boots - just make sure that when you put the glue on, leave them a few mins to go 'tacky' before you try and put them on.

angie,

my daughter had them done on ventura, in the salon,cost £80.

she has been very happy with them. they say that they last for 2 months, but some will fall out before then, and she will have them infilled locally.

she had them done 2nd february, and has lost a couple or so, but then she has been applying mascara to them which they tell you not to do.

(must admit, i wouldn't have them done if i couldn't apply mascara!)

she went to a seminar about it first, only about 1 or 2 days into the cruise, and that was the only seminar they were having for them, so look out for the information in the horizon magazine,when on board, if you are still interested. having got all the information, you can then decide whether to go ahead, if you don,t have them done before your cruise.

Hi

I have been having my eyelashes extended since October. They say they last two months but I think that would be until the last lash fell out!! I have mine infilled every two weeks.

I am having them done on the Thursday before we fly out on the 26th. You can apply mascara but it has to be a special water based mascara.

My only worry is that in Barbados we are swimming with the turtles and I wonder if I will will emerge from the water with only one or two lashes left :eek: I am glad to learn that on Ventura you can get the lashes done as I am so used to them now.

Can't wait but getting stressed about packing!

Brenda

Hi Brenda!

Think i will forget about my eye lashes!! Like you we are doing the turtle trip and didnt think about that!!! Might be a waste of money!

We did a pre pack last week to check the weight of our cases. We have digital case scales which are a god send! I had to shuffle stuff around between the two cases but i am glad i did it as i know what to pack and in which case!!!

Dont know about you but i am beyond excited!!!!

Angie

x

Hi Angie

Are you doing the Turtle trip with the boat or independently? We are doing it independently as we felt quite assured it would be fine.

I am getting excited about next week but I am also getting very stressed as I always do with my packing :( I try one thing on and then another and then don't think I look nice in anything. I have to make a list of things to take and this helps me. Once I have left the house and can do no more then I feel ok.

Are you doing all four formal nights? What sitting are you in the dining room and are you going with other people? We are on our own and have asked for a table of six and for the 8.30 pm sitting.

I do hope that we can all arrange to meet up as I love to hear what other people are doing. See you soon hopefully ;)

Brenda

Hi Brenda!

I have booked the 'Cat Caribe and turtle trip' with P & O. Its our first cruise so i am playing safe on this one. We are on Freedom Dining but dont mind sharing a table each night! Dont want a table for two as its nice to chat to other people. I cant wait for the formal nights! I have 4 long dresses! 2 Karen Millen, 1 D @ G and one from House of Fraser! I am wearing a dress night, mostly Karen Millen! I have been collectly them since we booked the cruise 18 months ago!!! I would love to meet up! What airport are you flying from? We are flying from Manchester, staying over at the Radisson on the Thursday night!!!:p

Angie

x

Hi Angie

I am flying from Gatwick but I am sure that we will have a meet up! Like you I didn't want a table for two but I wanted to sit with other couples.

This is our first cruise but I have learnt an awful lot from this site so feel confident to book trips independently. We are doing the turtle swim with Sasha Tours which has been highly recommended here. Apparantely he takes you to a different place to where all the cruise ships go so you have more of a chance to actually see the turtles.

In St. Kitts we have booked a taxi to do a tour of the island (again with the advice of this forum) ending up at Cockleshell Bay which has supposed to be a beautiful beach. What are you dong in St. Kitts? We haven't booked anything in Antigua yet but am looking at a beautiful beach that somebody told me about where you can see the fish swimming round your feet but cannot find the name of it?

I will put a 'friend' request in for you then maybe I can give you a call? I am sure that everybody else doesn't want to hear my ramblings !!

Brenda

x

Hi Brenda!

Glad its your first cruise too!!!

We are doing a 'nature kayak' in St Kitts, so that should be fun, again with P & O. Antigua we will do our own thing. Thinking of taking a taxi to either Jolly Beach or Dickenson Beach, both look lovely. Dickenson is closer so we will most likely do that!!! Doing P & O trips everyday apart from Antigua and Grenada. Grenada we will do the water taxi to Grand Anse for another chill out day!!!!

Look forward to meeting you!!!

Angie

x

Archived