Summit 7166 or 6135

ali-ali-oh

New to message boards so apols if I'm doing this wrong

Hi folks

We are in a quandry whether to stick with cabin 7166 or switch to 6135? I can see it has a larger balcony and, as we are going on an an Alska cruise, I don't think the sun will be an issue. However, it is a CC upgrade. My concern is the room will be so far from the edge of the balcony we may be missing out if not actually sitting on it but sitting in the room.

7166 looks as though it is on an angle and I wonder if that is a disadvantage? Decisions, decisions... Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Ali

6135 without a doubt;) I'm trying to get 6135 for a South America cruise/Infinity --same as Summit.

At least put it on HOLD until you make up your mind. Those go fast.

Go to search feature and type in 6135 Summit or Infinity. Lots of threads on those two cabins.

We are trying to decide between 6135 and Family View 8166.

Good Luck.

New to message boards so apols if I'm doing this wrong

Hi folks

We are in a quandry whether to stick with cabin 7166 or switch to 6135? I can see it has a larger balcony and, as we are going on an an Alska cruise, I don't think the sun will be an issue. However, it is a CC upgrade. My concern is the room will be so far from the edge of the balcony we may be missing out if not actually sitting on it but sitting in the room.

7166 looks as though it is on an angle and I wonder if that is a disadvantage? Decisions, decisions... Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Ali

Hi Ali!

Based on strictly cabin to cabin there is no question - go with 6135! We tried to get it (or about 3 other choice cabins) for a Fall '05 cruise and they were already sold!

Now the question of the cruise comes into play. Northbound or southbound? The rule of thumb is that you want port on the southbound and starboard on the northbound. That way you are facing the land. This might not be a concern for you, but I thought I would mention it.

Either way, I am sure you will have a great cruise. Enjoy Alaska!

If you don't want to pay for the CC upgrade, cabin 7166 should be fine. We had 7163 on our Millie transatlantic (on the opposite side - but a duplicate of 7166), and the balcony was large enough for a chaise lounge, two chairs, a small table, and still had plenty of room to stand around. Even though the balcony is angled, it still faces outward.

We must be really lucky, we are booked in cabin 6135 on the Millie in March. It just happened to be available when we were booking. Never been on X before, so thankfully had a brochure to check cabin locations etc... We liked the look of the large balcony so decided to go for it. Now we are really glad and can't wait for the cruise.

Archived