Recent Free Upgrades?

ynks09

On my honeymoon we were upgraded on the second night. It was an "upgrade" from an inside room to a window room, no charge.

They left us a voicemail in our room to notify us that they had an upgrade available for us.

We checked out the new room and ended up declining the upgrade (our opinion was that it was not an upgrade!)

This happened on the second night... so first full day.

The "upgrade" was the very first room (front) on deck 3, smaller than the interior, I needed a seatbelt to stay in the bed and earplugs to even be able to fall asleep! We figured this out in about 20 minutes after packing our bags and moving to the new room... We trudged back where we came from and were very happy with our inside room for the remaining 10 days!

It was a VERY nice gesture and we did thank them for the opportunity as we handed the key back.

We received upgrades on recent cruises on The Oasis, ( Balcony to Suite ) it was done before we left for the cruise, we were notified by email. I believe it was because we are D+ members, with a high number of cruise credits.

From what we are told upgrades (where available) are offered 14 days before any particular sailing, starting with those passengers that have the most cruise credits, and working down the list.

But then again I have known people to be upgraded on their first cruise, so who knows how the upgrade fairy actually works.

Is there anyone who has recently received a free room upgrade and can tell us how they were notified?

:DWe are sailing on Monday, Feb 15... today (Thursday, Feb 12) I received an email that was just a copy of our receipt... showing a new cabin number -- so I looked on line and reprinted our set sail passes -- We were upgraded from a JR suite to an Owner's Suite.... I am Diamond+, sailing with a Diamond --- and we have booked suites to inside before... I'm sure the upgrade came because I'm Diamond+ -- or maybe the weather is so bad the ship will be almost empty... will just have to wait and see. I did notice a few days ago that suites were still available.

The Blessing is in the journey...

We were upgraded from a JR suite to an Owner's Suite.... I am Diamond+, sailing with a Diamond --- and we have booked suites to inside before... I'm sure the upgrade came because I'm Diamond+ -- or maybe the weather is so bad the ship will be almost empty... will just have to wait and see. I did notice a few days ago that suites were still available.

That is wonderful Linda--have a great cruise!

Archived