As Promised--Inside Cabin Photos

bragstarr

It swivels somewhat--my husband was able to see it pretty well. I was on the side of the bed on the same side of the wall where the TV was mounted, and did not see it all that great. If it swivels 45 degrees, that's being generous.

Do you think this room is large enough for family of 4 (2 tween boys),

Depends on how much time you are spending in the cabin--if you're out and about a lot you will probably be OK for the week. Might be tripping over each other a bit but you can manage for a week. Be forewarned there is very little actual drawer space--we used hangars and closet shelves a lot, and even tucked underwear in some of the little hidey hole cabinets to the left of the vanity mirror!

Do you think this room is large enough for family of 4 (2 tween boys),

Hello I was in a cabin with a balcony and I would not recommend more than 2 people in it. When the couch opens up there is no room to even open the draws under the desk. My suggestion is try to get connecting cabins. Good Luck. After over 50 cruises on RCCL, Oasis cabins are smaller. The Ship is wonderful!!!

Hello I was in a cabin with a balcony and I would not recommend more than 2 people in it. When the couch opens up there is no room to even open the draws under the desk. My suggestion is try to get connecting cabins. Good Luck. After over 50 cruises on RCCL, Oasis cabins are smaller. The Ship is wonderful!!!

What about a Promenade Inside Stateroom, that is 192 sq ft? I wonder how the configuration is on that category? It really wasn't in our budget to get 2 connecting rooms, so I hope this wouldn't be a real problem. That doesn't sound good that you can't even open the drawers when the couch is open. Do families mostly do connecting rooms?

Finally! We have booked side by side interiors for our family of four and we have been dying to see some "real" pictures of an inside cabin. So thank you!

We did one ocean view cabin for four (two adults, two children) on our first (and only) cruise and it was managable, although tight. For Oasis we decided to go with an interior becuase we figured it would get us out of our room more, and we oringally booked just one cabin. We then figured the price to get two interiors, side by side, on a higher deck (deck 3 to deck 9) was less than $800 so we re-booked and split us up. I think it'll be worth it to have TWO bathrooms, TWO Closets, TWO Televisions, and REAL beds for all four of us.

Many have said it before and I'll say it again, its better to be in an inside cabin than to not go at all. You'll still enjoy the same food, entertainment, ports, ship and activities, its just a lot cheaper. They make interiors for four people, it can be done. Good luck!

What about a Promenade Inside Stateroom, that is 192 sq ft? I wonder how the configuration is on that category? It really wasn't in our budget to get 2 connecting rooms, so I hope this wouldn't be a real problem. That doesn't sound good that you can't even open the drawers when the couch is open. Do families mostly do connecting rooms?

Sorry, I have not seen the Promenade Inside Staterooms. I would assume it would be similar if not smaller than the balcony one we had. The issue is that on the Oasis the rooms are longer and narrower than other ships. The storage areas for the clothes are very limited. My husband and I just made it with our stuff and would not want to think of putting 2 more people in the cabin. Now if it's a question of not going because it's not an option to get 2 cabins, I would go with one cabin just knowing that the cabins are small. You will love the Oasis of the Seas!!! It's a GREAT ship!

...and even more so, if the only way you can swing it is to do four people in one inside, do it. You'll manage for the week, especially if the alternative is not going at all!

I do have to point out I'm not quite sure this is the configuration for all inside cabins. Although ours was great where the bed was (facing the door) I do think there are ones that have both the bed and the couch sideways. We had also heard that cabins that connected did not have a couch and only a chair. This was not true. It was a connecting cabin and the door connecting the two was across from the bathroom entrance. We barely if ever heard our neighbors!

After reading your posts, I am ok with an interior cabin, That is what we have always had and I was set on a balcony but I really want to sail on the new Allure so the price reduction will be a bonus! What cabin did you all have so I can figure out where to book.

Thanks alot, if any other tips for booking an interior room , send them on to me.

ML

What cabin did you all have so I can figure out where to book.

9153. Great location, great cabin, great cabin attendant (Randy from Trinidad, IIRC).

I hate to see my category Q. I guess the rest of the boat is big enough to make up for the room size.

I cannot tell you how many times we moseyed on past where we knew the Qs were to try to cop a peek in, especially since we originally had one. Alas, to no avail. We did meet someone one day who had one and they said it was fine. My only guess would be that somehow the cabin was shorter and maybe there was a chair instead of a couch. Sorry, I tried!

BTW, Love the Speed Racer logo! My 27 year old son was addicted to it!

Edited by bragstarr

Thanks for posting the piccies - nice to see the genuine article, rather than the marketing stuff.

We are booked inside cabins October and as others have said, would rather be inside than not going at all!

Can't wait to try out the Oasis!

Q is 149 square feet, L, M, N are 182. Honestly, I've stayed twice on NCL Dawn in a 145 sq. ft. cabin and it was fine.

Yeldarb, check if the Royal Booking page still shows 182 square feet for the Q also. Although the floor plans show it at 145, the booking page online showed it at 182, which is incorrect. I called them at that point, told them I had been expecting a 182 sq. ft. cabin when I booked it, and they changed me to an L. It's worth a try if they are still listing it at 182!

• 2 weeks later...
I know I told a few of you I would post my inside cabin photos. This was a Category L, the larger one. I thought very spacious and well laid out for an inside! Will answer any questions if you have them.

Just curious what ship and cabin number? Thanks!

I know I told a few of you I would post my inside cabin photos. This was a Category L, the larger one. I thought very spacious and well laid out for an inside! Will answer any questions if you have them.

Thanks for all the info! I'm booked in a D2 (2 adults, 2 kids) and I'm thinking of switching to an L interior and save $1000. Any advice? I'm not a really picky person!

• 7 years later...
...and even more so, if the only way you can swing it is to do four people in one inside, do it. You'll manage for the week, especially if the alternative is not going at all!

I do have to point out I'm not quite sure this is the configuration for all inside cabins. Although ours was great where the bed was (facing the door) I do think there are ones that have both the bed and the couch sideways. We had also heard that cabins that connected did not have a couch and only a chair. This was not true. It was a connecting cabin and the door connecting the two was across from the bathroom entrance. We barely if ever heard our neighbors!

Hi! I am actually booked on the oasis in December and we have room 9151 which is the connecting room to your cabin in this post (9153). Did you happen to catch a peek of the connecting cabin and see if the layout is the same as yours? Was the noisy level ok? Did you ever hear your neighbors? From what I can tell, I'm pretty sure it'll be the other layout that you describe. I've seen video tours of inside connecting cabins on the oasis where they have both rooms and everyone has one cabin with your configuration and the other with the other configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! I am actually booked on the oasis in December and we have room 9151 which is the connecting room to your cabin in this post (9153). Did you happen to catch a peek of the connecting cabin and see if the layout is the same as yours? Was the noisy level ok? Did you ever hear your neighbors? From what I can tell, I'm pretty sure it'll be the other layout that you describe. I've seen video tours of inside connecting cabins on the oasis where they have both rooms and everyone has one cabin with your configuration and the other with the other configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a 7 year old thread. OP might not see your question.