Liberty of the Seas...

zapper158

So I have a tough decision to make...We have 3 sets of people going on a cruise at the end of the year, do I book 3 rooms side by side in the E1 Category? Or 3 separate rooms in the D2 category.

I can't get 3 rooms together in D2

I've never been in a E1 category...only D2, is the room much smaller?

Thanks!

Yes, on the same deck, but at the back of the ship....I've been on many cruises but not in the back? Does it rock alot?

What about the D1's? They can't be that much more than the D2. And maybe you can find a nice locations midship. I personally don't like aft cabins, but some people love them. I like being midship, you feel less movement.

Yes, on the same deck, but at the back of the ship....I've been on many cruises but not in the back? Does it rock alot?

By "at the back", do you mean along the side towards the back, or on the actual aft section?

That makes a difference - the actual aft cabins are wonderful and highly prized for their larger balconies and view of the wake.

If your pairs are all adult couples, they probably wouldn't care about a loveseat-sized sofa as opposed to a full-length sofa, which is the only real visible difference in the length of an E cabin vs a D cabin.

If you are a "pack of friends/relatives" traveling together, there is some convenience and cameraderie in booking side-by-side cabins.

Either way, you will make it work!

The back is like, the last four cabins of the ship for D2....LOL....I guess that is the back...the other 2 couples are young and it's their first cruise, so I don't want the ship to rock too much for them...so maybe I'll just stay in the middle in the E1...

I'm scared I'm going to hate the room, because I've always been in a D2...but i guess we are really never in our room... :)

What's the diffirence in D2 vs. D1?

The back is like, the last four cabins of the ship for D2....LOL....I guess that is the back...the other 2 couples are young and it's their first cruise, so I don't want the ship to rock too much for them...so maybe I'll just stay in the middle in the E1...

I'm scared I'm going to hate the room, because I've always been in a D2...but i guess we are really never in our room... :)

What's the diffirence in D2 vs. D1?

You will absolutely NOT hate an E cabin. You will be happy and enjoy your cabin just as much as every other cruise. Trust me. :D

The only difference in the D1 and D2 cabins is the number of passengers they can hold - the number of berths. D2 will always hold only two. In a D1 (on the Liberty), you will have a sofabed.

Unless you hit a hurricane, or its fringes, you won't feel much motion in the aft section of the ship. And if someone is sensitive, there is free meclazine (Bonine) at Guest Relations. ;)

Go for price on this decision. :)

Well believe it or not, it's $622 for a D2, but no 3 rooms together except the back......or $644 for E1 in the middle and all rooms togehter...so i guess I'll stay in the middle...not work the $132 to move us all to the back to D2, right?

HAHAHA...I'm so confused.... :)

Zapper.. sounds like you are looking at our cruise! If you are, try one of the other sites besides RCL for rooms.. RCL shows that E2's are only available on deck 6, but we just upgraded to one on deck 8 and there were a few others there too!

Honestly, I'm one of the ones that gets seasick and I felt a LOT of motion at the back. Even my husband, who never gets seasick, was not feeling too well for part of the journey. I've always been able to feel the motion, guess I'm one of the unlucky few. For their first cruise, I'd definitely recommend the middle because you never know how it will affect someone!

You're on a cruise, you definitely won't hate the room.. its a balcony!

I have an E1 cabin for May 30, 2010. You have all confused ME! What exactly is an E1 cabin? I booked a balcony cabin and was given an E1 midship on deck 6. Should I try to go for something better?

Its just a different category of balcony. The D's are every so slightly larger than the E's, with a larger sofa and can sleep more people. They also cost a bit more.. but honestly, there really isn't a difference. It sounds like you have a good location, so no need to change unless you don't like it!

Thanks Jen...I think I will just stay midship in the E1, you're right, it's still a balcony, and besides we'll try not to stay in the room...always so much to do....I'm looking in Dec 2010, great prices then.....

Yep.. great prices! We're on the Dec. 12th Eastern.

Our 1st balcony was an E-1 and we enjoyed it. Our last cruise to Hawaii we moved up to an D-1 but if we do the TA in 2011, we will move back to an E-1 without any problem. The differance in size is slightly noticed. The reason for the change, the D-1's are limited on the 9th Deck of the Voyager Class so will move down to the 8th deck.

E2 and D3 are the exact same price right now: $622.

For my money, I'd take three D3 cabins, and not care if they were not right next to each other. In fact, there are a bunch right near each other: two together, then a cabin or two and another free one.

Call RC directly, tell them that you want three D3 cabins as close as possible to each other, and let the agent tell you what is available.

It's pretty clear-cut.

Archived