Amazing

You know it's amazing to go around the other boards and read the comments that people have about the Oasis and just now much of an expert they are on this ship without ever stepping foot on it. Here is one example.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142667

Nice to know that one can be an expert on this ship just by making up your own information.:rolleyes:

I get a laugh out of those "experts." I've never understood the hostility toward Oasis. My favorite is the people who complain about RP-view, CP and Boardwalk cabins. As if RCI took away the ocean view cabins.

You should see the comments on USA Today stories about the Oasis. People are downright HOSTILE about the Oasis and saying they hope it sinks, etc. etc. and these are people who have never even been on a cruise, let alone the Oasis.

You should see the comments on USA Today stories about the Oasis. People are downright HOSTILE about the Oasis and saying they hope it sinks, etc. etc. and these are people who have never even been on a cruise, let alone the Oasis.

I read the USA Today Cruise Blog and you have to remember that the posters there are people who would never cruise in the first place. There is a very large demographic of people who think the cruise industry is polluting our oceans and promoting the ugliest kind of excess that sums up America to a lot of people. The Oasis is the biggest of them all so of course, she is going to get the most ridicule. There is also a lot of maritime lawyers who are kind of the 'ambulance chasers' of the seven seas! They salivate over all the mis-haps, accidents, and deaths that occur every so often. It's just human nature for some people to see the bad side of things instead of looking at the good side.

I have sailed on Oasis and thought it would be a paradise for kids and teens. I wish it had existed when I was a kid many moons ago. Heck, I wish it had existed when my kids were kids many moons ago! Being on Oasis made me feel like a kid again. Hubby and I rode on the carousel, for example and enjoyed it so much. I loved the BoardWalk area. I loved the cupcake shop.

I think at present Oasis even outdoes Disney ships for kid fun. Maybe when Disney Dream comes out they'll catch up, but they will be charging a huge premium also.

If you can afford the Oasis cost differential, I'd say take it by all means. The one and ONLY reason I would choose the Princess ship is it is so much cheaper. Still you can probably get on Royal Caribbean's Freedom Class ships or Voyager Class ships for comparable prices to the Princess ship and still have lots of very attractive amenities not available on Princess Crown.

I read the thread posted- many folks were in favor of Oasis.. and the majority of those that were not were simply becuase of the price- OAS was double the cost for the OP....

Not sure of the criticism?

I agree.. seemed most said Oasis was the better choice except for the price difference.

Archived