Bar Crawl

Jrsygrl

There is another thread about this. It hits 4 or 5 bars, you get a t-shirt to wear too! Beer or well drinks or house drink are served. Me & friend (girls only cruise) are going Maj. of Seas in May. We plan on doing pub crawl too. Yes you can do your own, but this gives you a chance to meet other people on your cruise if book with RCL. Not sure what you like to drink but we thought for the cost it would be the same if we did our own pub crawl, but may not meet anyone from our ship. So what ever you do have fun & cheers!

Thanks!!! It's a girl's cruise for us as well in June on the Grandeur. :) Do you happen to know what time the crawl begins?? I love the free t-shirt too!!!

All depends on what time you get into Key West. I know on my cruise it starts about 30 min. after we get into port, so check your RCL web page under your cruises.

By the way, you can walk around in Key West with drinks! It's call the To GO CUP in the south! Don't you just love it! :p

Just as additional information, all the major bars and saloons in Key West have little shops that sell a large variety of T-shirts, tanks, camis, coasters, beer coozies, calendars, bottle openers, etc. with the logos of the bar. Check out some. They might be even better than the "free" T-shirt you get on the pub crawl.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to arrive on a sunday must be back on the ship by 1. I heard the bars dont start to serve till12. Not much time if this is true?????

That is correct. Alcohol is not served in Key West until noon on Sunday.

Mike:)

Stop at Fat Tuesdays, get the largest drink in a to go cup and head back to the pier. I've never had a problem bringing my land drink back on the ship with me.

We will be in KW on a Sunday:eek: and you know what that means....hardly anytime for a pub crawl! Any suggestions for the hour we might have? I'm thinking we might have from noon to one since our ship pulls away from port at 2pm. Any suggestions CC members?

We will be in KW on a Sunday:eek: and you know what that means....hardly anytime for a pub crawl! Any suggestions for the hour we might have? I'm thinking we might have from noon to one since our ship pulls away from port at 2pm. Any suggestions CC members?

For only one hour I'd try to see as much of Key West as possible, in one of two ways from above:

1. I'd walk down Whitehead to the lighthouse and museum (it's in here...

http://www.kwahs.com/ ) and get the view from the top. Other things within two sq. blocks would be Hemingway's House, the Bahama village, and a small cafe clled Six-toed Cat's. On the way back I might try for a drink at the Green Parrot at 601 Whitehead Street, a local's joint.

2. The view from the top of the La Concha hotel at 430 Duval...

http://www.laconchakeywest.com/

I don't think the bar is open up there when you'll be there, but afterwards you'd have your choice of Sloppy Joe's or Captain Tony's or Margeritaville.

Each would be an easy hour and not take you too far from the docks.

Pjk

Archived