Going on Cruise Number two

cruzer452

We went on one back in 2004 for our 20th wedding anv. But we are going to take the kids this time. They are excited, but then again so am I. We are going to drive to Mobile and take the Ealtion in December. Taking advantage of the ES fares. So I a checking out everything I can.:)

We went on one back in 2004 for our 20th wedding anv. But we are going to take the kids this time...

Six years is a long dry spell for not takaing a cruise. We know, because we did an anniversary cruise in 2002 and then it was 2008 before we cruised again. We started taking our families, which included our grandkids, once they were at least 12 years old. NOW look at us--three cruises in the last 14 months and another next month. It's crazy but we are absolutely loving it. Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

It was overtaken by a special cruise group (whole ship) so we went to Disney World instead. Would go more but we have four kids and even though cruising is great it is expensive. Also my wife had stage 3 cancer in between but is all good now.

I just don't see "expensive". We used to rent a house in the Outer Banks. 3 bedroom, second row from the ocean. $2500 for a week. Then we had to go to the grocery store. Never less than $500 for the week. Then we go to dinner once or twice $200. Then we might go play putt putt, or do other stuff for fun ... at least another $500. We're at $3200 and havent paid for gas or anything. You can catch a good cruise for $600 for the week ... times it by 4. $2400. Even if you FLY ... another $200 each. $3200!! Same price and you're going to wonderful places.

Beach vacation I have to shop at the grocery store, put the groceries away, make the beds. Cook, clean up. grrr. I'd MUCh rather have someone clean up after me!!

I am working person with family. So we only get a vacation every so often. So going 3 or 4 years for a cruise is great but if I could afford a vacation every year I would since I get 5 weeks of vacation a year but normally have to hang around the house or go camping at our local state park. Save money and then go on a vacation. My family is not one of those that can go every year or even 5 times a year. Maybe when the kids are grown and out of the house and there are just two of us. :)

...so we went to Disney World instead...

OMG! We would have found SOME cruise to go on instead. We went to Disney alot in the 1980's and 90's. The family was cranky the whole trip and nobody got along. Everybody always wanted to do something different than everyone else. Now that we have been cruising instead of land vacations, EVERYONE is happy. They all love cruising, even if we go on the same ship to the same ports. It's absolutely the best thing we ever did for our families. Load 'em up! Bon Voyage!

OMG! We would have found SOME cruise to go on instead. We went to Disney alot in the 1980's and 90's. The family was cranky the whole trip and nobody got along. Everybody always wanted to do something different than everyone else. Now that we have been cruising instead of land vacations, EVERYONE is happy. They all love cruising, even if we go on the same ship to the same ports. It's absolutely the best thing we ever did for our families. Load 'em up! Bon Voyage!

Planned a whole cruise and the trip turned into a all girl cruise if you know what I mean. So we took our kids to Disney World and it was wonderful, stayed for a week and actully cost less than the cruise we were going on that was taken over by the girls. Carnival was quick to give us our deposits back for the whole group and apologize for the problem. But even Disney World was an every 3 or 4 year trip as I mentioned before I come from a working family and trips like this are rare special treat. I went on a trip with my family one time were a lot people did not get along so I just do not go on vacation with them and everybody is happy. I enjoy all my vacations that my family goes on as we do the research and enjoy everything even the planning. Land and Cruise.:)

Archived