Out House Blues on the Radiance

jt1945

Read of plumbing problems on the Rad before I left for the Feb 1 11nite Mex Riviera. It appears to me they still have problems. There was a problem on deck 10 I am personally familiar with and heard of others. Others may have more info than I...please share

Are your referring to the sewage smell? It happens on ALL ships at any time....if you're referring to leaking...can't help you with that...we've never had wet carpeting, but the sewage odors....every ship...every cruise! Somewhere, it will be there!

I have neen noticing posts on this topic. We were on Radiance 2/06 and there was a leak from the Royal Suite next to us that caused our carpet to get soaked (and smell). I was pregnant at the time and the smell was killing me so they let us use a balcony cabin until it was fixed (they also footed the bill for me to go the the dr on the ship).I am sorry to hear that they are still having these problems as that is my favorite ship. I hope that it is due for drydock soon so they can repair those issues.

It is a tedious job, but is ongoing until completed.

Have you heard any guesstimates as to when the job will be completed? I'm booked for mid-Sept and am really hoping that things are fixed by then. (Will be on deck 10.)

I spent a miserable week on an NCL ship where we lost use of the bathrooms every night for 7-9 hours and couldn't drink the water in the cabins. I so don't want to go through that again.

Have you heard any guesstimates as to when the job will be completed? I'm booked for mid-Sept and am really hoping that things are fixed by then. (Will be on deck 10.)

I spent a miserable week on an NCL ship where we lost use of the bathrooms every night for 7-9 hours and couldn't drink the water in the cabins. I so don't want to go through that again.

When we were on Radiance last December, Captain Anderson asked us if we were coming back in September? When we responded no, he said that was too bad because the problems should all be resolved by then.:D

When we were on Radiance last December, Captain Anderson asked us if we were coming back in September? When we responded no, he said that was too bad because the problems should all be resolved by then.:D

Yeah! You've made my day!!!! :) THANK YOU!!!!!!

I have neen noticing posts on this topic. We were on Radiance 2/06 and there was a leak from the Royal Suite next to us that caused our carpet to get soaked (and smell). I was pregnant at the time and the smell was killing me so they let us use a balcony cabin until it was fixed (they also footed the bill for me to go the the dr on the ship).I am sorry to hear that they are still having these problems as that is my favorite ship. I hope that it is due for drydock soon so they can repair those issues.

Something new to me. I didn't realize that there were any non balcony cabins next to the Royal Suite. I don't see any when looking at RCCL's website on deck 10 of the Radiance.

We were on the Radiance of the seas voyage of 1/21, staying in a suite on deck 10, and did not notice any sewage smell on any part of deck 10.

Rick

We just got off of Radiance last Friday and they were replacing the water line on the port side of deck 7 just forward of the centrum for most of our 11 night cruise. Also there was a major fresh water leak at cabin 7030 about 2/3 though the cruise and I heard that the occupants were given a deck 10 cabin because it was that bad.

regarding the sewage smell we have never had a problem w/any ship in that manner. This one we did but it was minimal. A cabin next to us had a leak/backup whatever and had a total carpet, padding replacement. The fans blowing in the hallway all day was a bit annoying but we managed. Its gonna take a bit more than that to ruin my vacation...Im still pissed I cant get tomato juice from room service...lol

Something new to me. I didn't realize that there were any non balcony cabins next to the Royal Suite. I don't see any when looking at RCCL's website on deck 10 of the Radiance.

We were on the Radiance of the seas voyage of 1/21, staying in a suite on deck 10, and did not notice any sewage smell on any part of deck 10.

Rick

We were in 1560- a junior suite. Half of the floor was soaked. They said that someone overflowed the tub next door (was coming with the shared wall with the Royal Suite) however I am guessing the problem was bigger than that! I was very pleased that they allowed us to stay in another cabin for a couple of days- even though it was a downgrade....better than nothing I say!

Archived